“Community supportive!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Pines Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bass Lake
“Community supportive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

We recently were evacuated from our home due to a fire. We went to the resort to get a room and were greeted with awesome service and a great staff. They got us into a cabin right away. The cabin was clean,with a beautiful view of the lake and just an amazing cabin feel that u want when u come to the mountains! In a time when things were down they made our stay feel like we were on vacation! The food at the restaurant was great as well. Thank u pines resort for your amazing service to us in the community! I would recommend to everyone to stay here and enjoy what the resort has to offer from family fun on the lake,to fine dining,to the good old fashion cabin on the lake feel! Amazing!

• Stayed August 2014
mandy s, Manager at The Pines Resort, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are more than happy to help our community in a time of need and we are glad that you felt at home with us here at the Pines!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

Four of stayed in a Chalet. Only the upstairs has air and barely. People were grilling up from us and our chalet was sucking in the charcoal fumes. I brought Clorox wipes to wipe the counters and bannister to the bedrooms downstairs. The bannister took 3 wipes to remove the grime. There were cobwebs in all the corners and who knows when the windows and sliding doors were last cleaned. It was also very noisy as no one adheres to the quiet times posted and hard to sleep.
The staff is wonderful, the food is good and reasonably priced. The chalet's need a good scrubbing from head to toe. I read that they are upgrading and this is no excuse for the places to be dirty. Free wifi if you can get it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mcnic234
mandy s, Manager at The Pines Resort, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your honesty about your stay. We apologize for the condition of the chalet you stayed in and I will be going over this with our housekeeping department to ensure that the rooms are being cleaned and inspected properly so that this does not happen again! Please feel free to contact me so that we may discuss this matter. Please call The Pines Resort at 559-642-3121 and ask for Mandy Schooley front desk manager. Thank you

Travelers are raving about these Bass Lake hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

I stayed at this resort with a tour group recently. Nothing majorly wrong with the resort; the cabins were fine, although not great - one bathroom between a possible 6?! Our front door kept sticking too, although this was not a major issue. The pool and jacuzzi area was nice, though be warned - the pool was FREEZING, and the hot tub was BOILING!!
Be aware of getting around the resort on golf carts driven by the staff - they drive dangerously and way too fast. So dangerous in fact that as our driver turned a corner, I fell out of the side of the cart. I ended up having to spend a few hours in A&E - I have broken my toe and my knee is severely swollen to the point where it's still hard to bend and/or straighten almost two weeks after the accident. I had to spend the rest of my holiday on crutches. The driver's five minutes of fun ruined my holiday!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nia P
mandy s, Manager at The Pines Resort, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Guest,
I am sorry for your experience on your visit here, we assure you that this is not typical behavior of our public attendant to transport guests in a wreck less manor. We have taken the appropriate measures to correct the situation to ensure this does not happen again! If you would like to discuss this matter please contact me here at the Pines resort 559-642-3121 my name is Mandy Schooley. Thank you
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed for 2 days on a trip to Yosemite Park which is a short drive away. It is a very rural area so don't expect to be able to pop to the shops to self cater, although there is a shop on site. Lodge is very clean with shower room, and separate sleeping area on the mezzanine for kids (although you need to ensure that small kids are supervised up there). My teenage kids loved it however.

Hotel was happy to provide additional bedding as and when needed and repaired a small leak on the sink very promptly when notified. There is a pool for use of guests which was very welcome, and if you are into boats (which we are not) you will love the boating on offer.

Only thing that I would mark it down for is the price of the shop which makes self catering at a reasonable price very difficult. However the shop is well stocked and given its remote location I suppose you can make a case for the prices. If we were to return in future for a longer stay (which I would love to do) then I think I would stock up at the supermarket for provisions beforehand.

Yosemite is just down the road and the area is breathtaking. Well worth a visit to this mountain paradise.

2 Thank ClarissaCarp
mandy s, Manager at The Pines Resort, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for the review! We were very happy to hear of the good experience you had with our staff who are here to make your stay more comfortable and memorable!
Fresno
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Pines Resort in late July. We had an awsome experience. The friendly staff at the front desk was very help and made sure we had a pleasant stay. The lake view chalet we stayed in had an amazing sunset view of the lake. The chalet had a warm cabin cozy feel to it that made us feel right at home. Both the restaurant and the upstairs bar and grill portrayed a family atmosphere and took good care of their customers. The food was top notch. The Pines Resort is a great mountain resort and we are looking forward to returning for a winter experience and for sure next summer.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kcantu440
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time here, and I will be passing on the wonderful review to our restaurant staff! We hope that yo visit us again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

It's been over 15years since I last visited Bass Lake with my kids...this is slight south of Yosemite south entrance.
Now that my kids are in their 20's, it's hard to find time slot for all of us to go on a vacation. This year, remembering back 15 years ago, we've all decided to take a vacation @Bass Lake. This time, instead of condo rental, we went with The Pines Resort -- we expected it to be just another hotel. But, for us, it was more than a hotel...we stayed at a chalet -- it was 1 bed, 1 bath, 2 story condo like...had plenty of room for 4 of us (wife, myself, and two adult college kids). The place was right at the edges of hillside and by Bass late, giving a good view of the village -- loved the fresh air (I am from the bay area -- just south of San Francisco where the life is a bit busy)..place was clean and had a full kitchenette where we cooked our evening meals; dining on decked balcony...relaxing and having sip of wine. Mornings, we ate at the resort restaurant...breakfast served was great..looking out to Bass Late (bit dry this year..but, all good). And, during the day time, we hiked, water skied, and jet skied -- my kids loved it...
Place had everything we needed plus more
The last day, on the way back home, we went by the Yosemite

In all, we really enjoyed the place; the village, resort, the room we stayed in, the food, and all in between...

I will definitely go back...hopefully soon...

Room Tip: I would go for chalet...private + full kitchenette
Dear Guest,
We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful vacation with your family and that you spent it here at the beautiful Pines Resort! Thank you so much for the wonderful review and we hope that you and your family come back again soon!
Cupertino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed 2 nights in early August and our stay couldn't have been any better. We love the cabin style chalets which was great for our family of 4. Had great meals at their Ducey's restaurant. Friendly staff. Service was excellent from our check in process, to the restaurant, and check out. I would recommend this resort for families. We had a great time boating and jet skiing and it was very convenient since everything was at the resort. I can't wait until my next trip to Bass Lake!

Room Tip: Cabin style chalets are great for families since it has a separate living room area upstairs and wit...
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Matthew K
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay from start to finish! I will be passing this review on to all departments to let them know what a wonderful job they are doing! Please come back again soon for another fun getaway!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bass Lake
#1 of 9 in Oakhurst
Comfort Inn Yosemite Area
Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite

Been to The Pines Resort? Share your experiences!