“It was so beautiful place.”
Review of The Pines Resort

The Pines Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bass Lake
San Francisco, California
“It was so beautiful place.”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

It was so comfortable as my house.

Bass lake view is also beautiful in winter.

Especially because I like cooking It was good I can cook for myself.

Equipped with a good environment for cooking.

Clean room and fast Wi-Fi, of course, greater comfort of travel to gave.

The backdrop of the Bass Lakes have to spend a nice time together with friends.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lake side have beautiful view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Tammie L, Front Office Manager at The Pines Resort, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
We are so happy to hear that you felt at home with your chalet. We are hopeful we will see you again soon. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Beautiful region (needless to say that Yosemite deserves many visits while staying), incredible view of the lake and so many hiking options. The accommodations were cozy and comfortable. The restaurant food was excellent and the service was equally great. A home away from home!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tammie L, Front Office Manager at The Pines Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your great review. The Pines Resort is pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and it is a beautiful area and not to far from Yosemite. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Fresno, California
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We purchased a groupon for the Pines Resort at $99 which included a $30 dining credit at Ducey's on the Lake and 2 fire starter logs. We were able to book on a Saturday night which was great. Spent the day at the snow play area about 15 to 20 minutes north of the resort. Afterwards we came back down and went into the cute stores in the Pines Village. We checked in about 3 p.m. and staff were very friendly. We were in Chalet 243 I believe. The chalets are rustic but great. You walk into the middle level with a kitchen and living area which includes a fire place. There is a loft area above which would be great for kids in sleeping bags. Our girls enjoyed hanging out up there. Down the stairs is the bedroom and bathroom. Everything was nice and clean. Keep in mind this is not a luxury stay. It is rustic but everything was great. Beds were good, water pressure was great. Kitchen included pots, pans, microwave, etc. You do share a wall with your neighbors and it was occupied during our stay but noise was minimal. Dinner at Ducey's was very nice. They have an early bird menu with meals between $12 and $17 which included beverage, bread, and soup or sald. Dinner for 4 with 3 full meals ordered and an extra soup and a dessert was $55 with tip. Restaurant staff was wonderful. We will definitely be back with the kids in the spring/summer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tammie L, Front Office Manager at The Pines Resort, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
The Pines Resort is pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed everything our area has to offer. And you were able to take advantage of such a great package with groupon. We hope to see you again soon.
Bass Lake, California
Reviewed February 25, 2013

On Feb 26Th 2013 I needed a place for my Family the stay while they were on Vacation I called the Pines they got me a Lake view chalet room 270 it had an amazing view of the lake the room very clean and newly remodeled it had a new flat screen TV a fully stocked kitchen new carpet and new bedding they have a truly wonderful staff if you need anything Housekeeping or Maintenance is there right a way and very very helpful . They also have two restaurants with very good food and the staff there is friendly. Also there is a boat marina on site where you can launch your boats or rent them. There is a church and the Pines market and shops. they have a pool, hot tub and fitness room they also have free wifi. There is also the hotal Duceys on the lake that are beauitful rooms and suites.

Room Tip: Try to get a lake veiw Chalet or a suite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tammie L, Front Office Manager at The Pines Resort, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
We are very pleased to hear that we met your expectations and look forward to another visit from you or your family members.
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife & I stayed at the Pines Resort for a couple of nights in February 2013. Arriving there in the early afternoon after several hours’ driving, we found the resort was very quite, like somewhere in my hometown. We stayed at a chalet unit, closely located at the lakeside. The inside was clean, cozy, and kind of nice. My wife and I had a dinner at the Ducey’s restaurant in the Resort. The lady at the reception desk was very kind and friendly, and in addition to the luxurious interior, the food was so tasty with excellent flavors. We were very satisfied with its quality and easily and happily to spend a few hours there. Next day, after finished our favorite food that I cooked at the full kitchenette, we really enjoyed sitting and talking by the wood-burning fireplace in the chalet. One last thing I like to share with, is about a heavy snow of 4 to 6 inches we had overnight during our stay at the Resort. It was called, the 2013 California snow-storm at the Sierra-Nevada areas. Next day, early in the morning, we found everything was covered by the snow, including the chalets, the pine trees all around the lake. We couldn’t believe our eyes, to see such a wonderful scenery around us. Anyway.. talking about our next staying there, we will definitely give two-thumbs up for the returning this summer.

1 Thank SYoo
We are so pleased to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one. Hope to see you again.
Fresno, ca
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Have been to many resorts in my travels this by far has the worst management I have ever encountered. I believe the lady that helped us on our trip in the restaurants name was Jessica, she was nice on approach but as I told her of my discontent she not only gave me attitude she walked away from me and never followed up with me after I gave her my information. You would think someone who has gotten sick from one of their restaurants would deserve the time of day from the management. I'm not hard to accommodate but to blow me and my family off is ridiculous. She is clearly unfit to be dealing with people in customer service. Would of given one star but location sells itself.

Room Tip: Stay there but don't eat there!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tammie L, Front Office Manager at The Pines Resort, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
I hope that other than your experience at the restaurant that the remainder of your stay was satisfactory. We value all opinions whether good or bad and would like to be able to make things right for you and your family. I do apologize for the way you were treated at the restaurant. I would recommend you calling and speaking to our Food and Beverage Manager Laura Darling regarding this issue. I am most certain she would be interested to hear what you have to say. I hope that you will give us another chance to prove to you that our service is not what your experienced.

Travelers are raving about these Bass Lake hotels

Fresno, California
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I took advantage of the midweek room and breakfast special and took my husband up to the Pines Chalets to celebrate his birthday. I have stayed in the Chalets a couple of times but this was a first for him. The cabins are cozy and rustic and this time of year were very quiet. We opted for a lake view which was very pretty from the balcony. The only negative about the stay was that the hair dryer in the bathroom, as well as the outlet plug, did not work. It was exciting to wake up to snow which left the Chalets and the surrounding grounds looking like a beautiful painting.
I do think that the owners should start some renovations to upgrade the interior looks of the cabins and furnishings, but keeping the decor of a charming cabin retreat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cheri J
Tammie L, Front Office Manager at The Pines Resort, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Snow makes everything look so beautiful and serene around the lake. The new owners have been making alot of progress in updating the chalets, they have replaced, carpet, beds as well as bedspreads and other interiors. This will be a consistent project of updating the resort. Glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again real soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bass Lake
Chateau du Sureau
#1 of 9 in Oakhurst
Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite

Been to The Pines Resort? Share your experiences!