“Could of been better”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bass Lake
Fresno, ca
“Could of been better”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Have been to many resorts in my travels this by far has the worst management I have ever encountered. I believe the lady that helped us on our trip in the restaurants name was Jessica, she was nice on approach but as I told her of my discontent she not only gave me attitude she walked away from me and never followed up with me after I gave her my information. You would think someone who has gotten sick from one of their restaurants would deserve the time of day from the management. I'm not hard to accommodate but to blow me and my family off is ridiculous. She is clearly unfit to be dealing with people in customer service. Would of given one star but location sells itself.

Room Tip: Stay there but don't eat there!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tammie L, Front Office Manager at The Pines Resort, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
I hope that other than your experience at the restaurant that the remainder of your stay was satisfactory. We value all opinions whether good or bad and would like to be able to make things right for you and your family. I do apologize for the way you were treated at the restaurant. I would recommend you calling and speaking to our Food and Beverage Manager Laura Darling regarding this issue. I am most certain she would be interested to hear what you have to say. I hope that you will give us another chance to prove to you that our service is not what your experienced.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Fresno, California
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I took advantage of the midweek room and breakfast special and took my husband up to the Pines Chalets to celebrate his birthday. I have stayed in the Chalets a couple of times but this was a first for him. The cabins are cozy and rustic and this time of year were very quiet. We opted for a lake view which was very pretty from the balcony. The only negative about the stay was that the hair dryer in the bathroom, as well as the outlet plug, did not work. It was exciting to wake up to snow which left the Chalets and the surrounding grounds looking like a beautiful painting.
I do think that the owners should start some renovations to upgrade the interior looks of the cabins and furnishings, but keeping the decor of a charming cabin retreat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cheri J
Tammie L, Front Office Manager at The Pines Resort, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Snow makes everything look so beautiful and serene around the lake. The new owners have been making alot of progress in updating the chalets, they have replaced, carpet, beds as well as bedspreads and other interiors. This will be a consistent project of updating the resort. Glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again real soon.
Atco, NJ
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My family spent a week here in August 2012 and we keep having flashbacks of fond memories. The lake is beautiful and the boat rental was quick and easy. I like that the lake is deep and we didn't have to worry much about damaging the props or hitting any shallow areas. The teens loved being pulled around on the tube by the jet boat. The chalet had a nice amount of room for our family of 4. The view was pretty and peaceful. Yes, the inside was a bit dated but personally we didn't mind, it had all the basic kitchen necessities and met our needs. The little store on the property had any supplies that we might have forgotten. The restaurant had gorgeous views. The menu was family friendly, the prices were reasonable and although it wasn't outstanding in taste, it was good and better than the other two local resturants we tried. The pool had pretty views and a decent amount of flowering landscape. The beach was small but we prefer the pool anyway. Yosemite was about 40 mins. so it's very conveniently located. All in all, we would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NJWorldTravelFamily
Tammie L, Front Office Manager at The Pines Resort, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
I am so pleased to hear that your family enjoyed your vacation with us here at The Pines Resort. One of the things that are wonderful about the location is everything is within walking distance, to the store as well as little shops and restaurants. We look forward to your return.
Clovis, CA
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We love coming up here in the winter! It is so quiet and peaceful. The suites are comfortable and cozy. The restaurant and bar are great! It's close to home, but feels like a million miles away. Love it!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dennette N
Tammie L, Front Office Manager at The Pines Resort, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything was to your liking. We are hopeful that you will return and look forward to seeing you again.
Clovis, California
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed at The Pines Resort over Christmas 2012 and from the moment we checked into our chalets (we had four) to the moment we left (five days later) we were treated like royalty. Front desk staff was accomodating to all of our needs, housekeepers were very warm and friendly and did an excellent job cleaning our rooms every day.We will definately make this a family tradition and send our warmest thanks to such a great resort!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in chalets 107, 108, 109 & 110 all were excellent condition and secluded
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mryme
Tammie L, Front Office Manager at The Pines Resort, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Everyone at The Pines is so happy to hear that you and your family had a wonderful vacation during the holidays. Christmas is one of our busiest holidays and glad that we did everything to make your stay more enjoyable. We are looking forward to your return.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2013

friends took us up here for breakfast. The place is nice and inviting and looks like a four star restaurant. The menu is promising, the prices were actually lower than I expected for a place like this. However, the service was very friendly until taking and delivering our orders, then pretty much disappeared. The food was ok, nothing extraordinary, just ok for the price. You will have to take the nice views over the lake into account to appreciate your breakfast a little more. I would not again consider to drive 30 miles for having a breakfast here. But it's not a bad place to go either. Just don't expect too much and enjoy the ambience of the restaurant and the views.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank abceschweitzer
Tammie L, Front Office Manager at The Pines Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking time to come spend a morning at Ducey's Restaurant. I have forwarded your concerns to the Food and Beverage Management and I am sure that this issue will be addressed. I hope that you might decide to come stay with us sometime so that we can prove to you that it is worth the drive and the service in the restaurants have been improved. Look forward to seeing you again.
California
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at the Pines Resort over Christmas 2012 and it was amazing how different this place was from 15 years ago. We did not get a Chalet, we ended up staying near Duceys on the Lake. Our large room was very outdated and had not been cleaned prior to our arrival. The heat was completely off. We needed to buy duraflame logs at $4.50 each to kick start any heat. Further, the additional blankets they provided were worn, had large holes and were extremely uncomfortable. The front desk was ok. Do not expect room service - this is not possible here. This can be quite hard for a young family who are better off dining in. However, the lake, trees are lovely and we quite liked the location but if we return it will be Wawona or a location much closer to Yosemite with better amenities. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Select a chalet. Do not stay in a room next to Duceys.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank allera
Tammie L, Front Office Manager at The Pines Resort, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us at The Pines Resort. The new owners of 2 years have made many improvements from 15 years ago and will continue to do so, it is a slow process and they are making every effort to make the resort updated and much more comfortable. We are aware of outdated issues. But as far as your room being dirty and blankets with holes I am not aware of since we do use a linen company for our bedding. If you would like to contact us regarding these issues we would be happy to listen and go further from there.

Travelers are raving about these Bass Lake hotels

Chateau du Sureau
#2 of 9 in Oakhurst
Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino
Americas Best Value Inn Yosemite-Oakhurst

Been to The Pines Resort? Share your experiences!