All reviews rv sites min walk yosemite facilities willow accommodation
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2019

Recently spent 3 nights with Bass Lake RV as part of our 4 week long RV trip from Australia.
Overall a nice place to stay and relax, very impressive toilet block for this style of accomodation in addition to the pool, games and quiet lake access approximately 500m down a lovely bush track.
Also has YARTS bus public transport available from very close by if travelling to Yosemite and not keen on driving your RV into the park (I wouldnt recommend it)

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank LukeHarvey89
Reviewed August 18, 2019

We stayed here for two nights in a 24ft RV. There were just two of us, from Europe on an RV tour.

The campsite was very quiet and relaxed. The facilities were clean - the pool wa snice and the staff very friendly.

Was surprised it was not very busy - but I think the high cost might put people off. ($77 USD per night). It was the highest of our whole trip.

The site was not level - and walking around the campsite, it seems many are not level (apart from the member-only sites).... however, we asked for some wood to level our RV and they were only too happy to oblige.

The cafe was closed and there didn't seem to be a groceries shop or anything. However - that's because just a 5 min walk from the campsite is a large resort for Bass Lake which has everything. They also offer a 209% discount on rental of boats etc....

Would recommend this - higher cost, but lovely location. Checkin was quick, friendly and easy. Wifi was good - we were on site 152 near the main office.

Date of stay: August 2019
Inspire06763345153, Front Office Manager at Bass Lake at Yosemite RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2019

Thank you for your lovely review. We look forward to your next visit! Happy travels!

Reviewed August 8, 2019

The location is good, and Bass lake itself was great! The cabins we good simple cabins but parking is very tight. My main problem with the place is the very rude staff. In fact I think the staff is racist and we did not feel totally comfortable. We had issues with simple things like getting extra towels and soap. Also every time the staff would drive by they would give us very dirty looks and never smiled, welcomed us, and we never felt like we were welcomed guests... We will not be going back to this place.

Date of stay: August 2019
Inspire06763345153, Front Office Manager at Bass Lake at Yosemite RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2019

We are sorry that you felt our staff was rude to you. However, the one thing our staff IS NOT and that is racist. We have a very diverse staff. We can't help but feel that your bad review was because we imposed an extra cleaning fee on your stay due to the condition you left our cabin in. We can post the pictures of the condition the cabin was left in but we feel that it would just drag this unfortunate situation out. We will take this opportunity to simply part ways.

Reviewed July 12, 2019

****WARNING TO ALL TRAVELLERS****

DO NOT STAY HERE! Don't let yourself be fooled by the positive recommendations. They are most likely done by their members, however, I will give my opinion on what is really going on.

We booked this RV park based on the high ratings and the fact that the following was stated on the website:
1. Close to swimming possibilities by the lake --> 'right down the road'
2. Lots of recreational possibilities at the lake --> only very expensive boat rental is at your disposal
2. One hour drive from Yosemite valley --> in all honesty it is 1 hour and 45 minutes.

ALL OF THE ABOVE IS UTTER NONSENSE!

Upon arrival we were greeted by a not-so-friendly host. OK, it has been a long day for everyone. That can happen. When we were not-so-friendly directed to our RV site we were quite amazed. The RV sites for non-members are so small you can hardly fit your RV in it and still have room for your awning to slide out. Very small RV sites indeed. There is absolutely no space to quietly and nicely sit outside as it is all gravel and wood snippers outside your RV. The only place to sit is a picnic table, HOWEVER, this picnic table has probably not been painted since the opening of the RV park.The paint snippers can be pulled off the table for the painting DIY enthusiast. This, however, leaves plenty of bare wood surface for somebody to catch some splinters if you catch my drift. My wife, myself and our kid of 7 all have the splinters to prove this. In fact, I still have one rotting out my right hand as I am writing this review.

The showers are not clean, the toilets aren't neither. The whole park is full of what seems prison escapees or at least people that have some years under their belt at least. The same goes for the personnel. I will get back to that shortly.

After our 1 hour and 45 minute drive to and from Yosemite NP we experienced something that eventually drove me to write this review. Somebody parked in our RV spot. Upon speaking to the gentleman in question (this was actually not an ex-convict) we realized that the front office (the ones with the trailer park looks and matching attitudes) directed this man to 'our' RV spot. The front office, however, was closed so nobody to speak to. Luckily the spot next to ours was clear so we eventually parked our RV there. This spot was actually even tighter and worse than our other spot.

All of the above did not 'really' matter until this occurred. This was the reason for me to speak to the front office upon our departure the next day. I politely said that I wanted to get something off my chest, especially since our RV spot was given away by them the prior day. After stating all of the above their answer was that I am in every possible way wrong and most annoyingly they asked me to go outside because they did not want any other customers being confronted with my complaints. I was asked very rudely to go outside on several occasions which I refused as I stated my complaints in a calm and polite way. When offered to speak to the owner I joyfully responded: YES PLEASE! The offer was then, however, quickly retracted. Why I do not know but probably they would get in trouble for the below mentioned reasons.

The thing that amazed me most of all, apart from the front desk personnel objecting to my every point, was that they said the following: 'Let me tell you how this beast (?) works. Your spot is not yours and if you are not in it we can give it away to anyone driving over the park and wanting your RV spot'. OK THIS IS VERY WEIRD!
1. We were confirmed spot 136 --> we paid for it so we are entitled to it for the duration of our stay.
2. We were away for the day to Yosemite
3. RV's can not drive over the park unless they are cleared by the front office --> How would the gentleman standing in our spot know he wanted ours? They gave away our spot anyways.
4. What would happen if all spots were full? We would have to park our RV outside the park?

To conclude my (too long) story. This park should be avoided at ALL TIMES!!! It is not worth the money!!

Room tip: Please avoid at all cost!
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2019 via mobile

There are much better places around then here. The sites are tight, very close together, and not level. The WiFi does not work at all, except if you are right by the office. The trash pile was not very pleasant to look at either. For $70 a night, I expect much more. Most places around $50 have level sites, are clean, and the facilities are in order. Luckily I did not have to pay full price because we won two “free” nights. I still had to pay $20 a night for electricity.

Date of stay: July 2019