“Hampton Inn is the finest”

Hampton Inn & Suites Banning-Beaumont
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Banning
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We love staying at this reasonably priced Hampton In which is near the premium outlet mall. It is right off the highway with a friendly helpful staff. We arrived late and everyone helped us with TONS of luggage.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Excellent service, comfortable beds, clean facility, great breakfast choices. Pool was refreshing considering the hot temperatures. Staff was courteous and helpful. Close to the facilities where a wedding was taking place.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2014

So it turns out there were customer mistakes on the dates, reservations were made I called Customer Care and was told to coordinate with the hotel front desk The Hotel Front desk told me to call customer care So I’m getting charged for services not being provided But was the stay enjoyable? … not at all. We were there two days without any housekeeping service. The tub was without a drain bug, so taking a bath was out of the question. Shower yes, bath no. The food provided for breakfast left a lot to be desired. The eggs would be better used as tennis balls rather than consumption.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
bnghs, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Banning-Beaumont, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

The following message was e-mailed July 15, 2014, 5:49 p.m.
Dear *******: I called the telephone number we have on file for you this morning and again this afternoon, leaving voice messages for you. I understand that you have concerns and I am available to discuss them. Please feel free to contact me. I am available Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m - 5:00 p.m.
***** *****
His remarks regarding the guest room, bathroom, quality of food are indeed serious. I would very much like to speak to him but as of this moment, July 17, 2014, 10:10 a.m. I have not heard from him. His original issue was relative to the booking he made and paid for thru an Advance Payment, not directly with the hotel. What his concern was, I don't know, (and I am curious). The room had a Do Not Disturb Sign on the door, each day and our housekeepers do no violate the order. Had we been informed we would have had the tub drain taken care of within minutes. Our breakfast is consistently good, period. No complaints about it those mornings or any others, and there were numerous people enjoying it. Again, I still have not spoken to or received a message other than the notes within the context of this particular complaint. It is my rsponsiblity to note and respond to all complaints. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to speak directly to the guests as opposed to reading about it in a public forum. I might be able to help, give ME a chance.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Booked for two nights through their reservations website, not a 3rd party. On 6/20 our card was hit for the price of one night. On 6/21 our card was hit for the price of two nights. The amount of 3 nights was suspended on our card and made unavailable to us for the entire weekend we were traveling. In speaking with the young man who checked us in, he blamed us for giving him a different credit card for "incidentals" upon check in. He said the hotel was booked solid and that he showed no amount being paid from their reservations department so he charged us for the entire stay upon check in, as opposed to check out. No problem, I understand that policy and it makes sense. But why were we already charged for one night? He told us the card was for incidentals, then charged it for two nights, due to "policy". He went on to tell us it was our fault for giving him a different card other than the one we used when we booked online. ??? How would we know we should do that? BEWARE, if you book online, they will hit your card for one night, if the hotel happens to be booked solid, you will be charged for your entire stay when you check in, despite the one night already being authorized on your credit card the night of check in. I called the reservations department, who was very professional. They said we had to deal with the hotel onsite first, as that is their policy. We called reservations because there "was no manager at the hotel at all because it was Saturday." We left our name and numbers with both the young man and hotel reservations and were assured we would be called on Sunday before departure. Nothing. When checking out, I asked for the manager and a woman by the name of Cynthia Fitch came to the counter. She said the front desk gal I had just spoken to explained the issue and began telling me again how it was our fault for giving a different card, that it was policy to charge the full amount of the stay upon check in, etc., etc. I told her that reservations already explained that the hotel messed up and should not have billed us two separate times for two different amounts totaling 3 nights, rather than our 2 nights originally booked. She tried to pass off the mistake as "policy", continued to talk over me and finally said, "I'm done" and walked away. Wow. I called reservations and explained that I had spoken with the manager onsite and told them of the mishandling of the situation. They were amazing and apologetic for her behavior and assured me the third night we were charged would "drop off" my card by Monday due to their banking system. Unfortunately, that was money we wanted to spend on our weekend out of town, but did not have it available due to the hotel's error.

Update ~ Today, 6/23, my credit card was hit for ANOTHER $239 and change. It has cost me over $633 to stay two nights at this hotel. I spoke with another manager by the name of Tedd that offered me a $20 discount for each night, and said he did, in fact, see a charge for $119 and change to be authorized on 6/20, and another for $275 and change on 6/21. He says he doesn't see the additional charge of $239 that came on today, 6/23. I screen shot my statement showing all three pending items and emailed them to him. He said they should fall off....Let's hope so. At this point, I think I'll call my credit card company and block the additional charges. Again, due to the rude treatment and lack of acknowledgement by the young man at the desk on Saturday and the even ruder treatment received by Mrs. Fitch, we will never stay here again, nor will our entire softball association when they hear about the possibility of all this. To summarize, to date, this hotel has authorized charges of over $633 for a two night stay that should have cost $239 and change. Beware.

Update 6/27 ~ No $20 credit for each night has been posted to my credit card as promised on 6/23, and reservations (Hilton Honors) can or is not willing to do anything about any of this except send the hotel an email. Will never stay at a Hilton affiliated hotel again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank My2babys
bnghs, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Banning-Beaumont, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Sometimes the Hotel is accused of, and held responsible for the actions of the people we want to please. We are not intuitive enough, or efficient enough, or good enough for them. When a mistep is commited the responsible party shifts the blame, and denies any culpability. This writer spoke to the guest, immediately made an effort to help expedite resolution, and expeditiously made a fair adjustment to the final bill. I strongly suggested during 2 seperate telephone conversations, that a conference call to the guest's credit card company would help to hasten correction of the bill. Our hotel records on the departure date, given directly to the guest, support the bottom line charge. In her review she makes serious claims, and they do not stand the test of credibility. And by the way, she never accepted my offer to speak to or provide a written statement urging an immediate review of her account and restoration of any approved (but not excercised) charges. She is complaining, but I as the manager, have not heard from her since I made the offer to personally help on June 23 & 24, 2014. Her concerns are well known to me. I could not have been clearer in expressing my eagerness to speak to the Credit Card Company. Now I am somewhat bewildered as to why I have not heard from them. We have the same credit card company, she and I, and what a coincidence, I checked my credit card statement on Monday (2 days ago). There was a charge of a $125 over the weekend from Missouri, and I live in California. I challlenged the charge. Today, Wednesday, my account is totally in order. I called them 1 time only. I beleive this... If you need help with a problem, go to the problem solver. If the problem persists 9 days later you might be the problem. I repeat, we have not heard from the Credit Card Company, not even once. We have treated the lady with respect, sensitivity and patience.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We needed a hotel halfway from San Jose to Phoenix and this worked perfectly. It is right off the freeway so it's easy to get on and off. There was a gas station right next door for an easy fill up. The front clerk was very friendly and fast so by the time my family had the luggage in from the car, we were checked in...which is nice when you are tired and it's late.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Arrived at 3pm for a wedding that started at 5pm. Didn't even get into my room until 4pm, wife didn't have enough time to get ready for the wedding on time. Cooling system was sufficient but noisy. Internet was unlimited but useless because it was painstakingly slow. Had to pick up trash on the ground at the pool. A little baffled that we got only 1 soap for 2 sinks and 1 shower. Safety issue: when we arrived, a lady's purse was stolen, cops arrived, surveillance was watched, and the thief was caught. Not a great 1st impression.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
bnghs, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Banning-Beaumont, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

We are very sorry that these guests did not have the kind of experience they deserved. The room type requested was not available, but we upgraded them to a suite shortly after the 3:00 p.m. checkin time. The internet will be upgraded very soon, however this was a sold out weekend with many guests simultaneously on the complimentary WIFI (not umcommon these days with many hotels, due to numerous users). Ladies purse stolen, cops arrive, theif caught, and justice was served. This has never happened here before, I am pleased to report. We learn from our mistakes. We hope that on another occasion these guests will return and allow us to do something special for them.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Michael checked me in and was very welcoming and friendly and I was greeted by Charlene who checked me out she is one of the most genuin caring helpful team members on staff aside from tedd young who I missed but he is wonderful! Over all fantastic stay!

• Stayed: May 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banning
Holiday Inn Express Hotel  & Suites Banning
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Beaumont-Oak Valley
Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa
Days Inn Banning Casino/Outlet Mall
Hampton Inn & Suites Hemet
Ayres Hotel Redlands
Ayres Hotel Redlands
#1 of 9 in Redlands

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Banning-Beaumont? Share your experiences!