“The original feast”

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Anderson, California, United States
“The original feast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

Love the baked ziti and the FABULOUS bread. Of course, eggplant parmeseam is to die for!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Larry B

Los Angeles, Ca
“Depressing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

The atmosphere is so depressing you should get your meal to go!

1 Thank BeaumontB
Banning, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Italian at it's best....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

Before I became Gluten Free this was my favorite Italian restaurant. I will have to return and see if they will use my special pasta and then I can again enjoy their delicious flavors....

Ocoee, Florida
“If you like Italian food, don't go there.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

This was our first time in Banning, and decided to have dinner in the number one ranked restaurant in town. We arrived around 8:30pm. The waitress let us choose a seat (the restaurant had only 3 tables taken). We asked for the individual dishes - you get a soup or salad, a garlic bread and a pasta for 9 bucks. I ordered the lasagna with house salad and my girlfriend tried a fancy named pasta, that was nothing more than penne, and the minestroni soup. Well, where can I start?
Minestroni soup - bad. Just a little watered tomato sauce with some noodles. BAD.
The penne - a joke. Clearly the sauce was canned, and not fresh homemade.
Salad - ok.
Lasagna - joke too. Industrialized pasta with canned sauce.
Garlic bread - this is the only reason I didn't go with "Terrible" above.

Now, what kind of Italian restaurant doesn't make its own tomato sauce???

In the end we were very sorry for having chosen this restaurant. A meal at any chain restaurant would have been a lot better.

• Visited November 2011
“Definitely get your money's worth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

We tried this place 30 minutes before closing time based on good reviews and we weren't disappointed. The garlic bread is very buttery and good. I had the fettuchini alfredo which was huge and unlike most restaurants, they actually put a lot of sauce on it! I could only finish about a quarter of my meal so I have yummy left overs. My girlfriend had the chicken parmesean which looked really good as well. The service was great. It feels like a close knit family owned restaurant and everyone there was really nice... from the welcome to the goodnight. We will be back for the lunch specials :)

1 Thank Rachael-N-Tabi