“Consistently average Italian”

Johnny Russo's Italian Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Banning
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2013

On a visit to Banning, we had the taste for some Italian food and picked Russo's. The building looks like a former steakhouse. The host greeted us warmly and showed us to a very nice table with a good view. The server came over to ask about drinks. Our brief conversation was very odd as she knew nothing about their wines. When asked, she said "It is a red.". Thanks!

We ordered soups and salads -- they were decent. The entrees were less than exciting. The pasta was overdone, the sauces just OK and the not enough flavor.

It was like home cooking, if you are not a good cook. I will give them credit for keeping the place clean and neat. The staff was attentive and friendly. The place was 1/4 full on our visit.

1  Thank Railhistoryfan

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We are never disappointed with the food quality & quantity. Usually end up taking some left overs home too. Friendly staff. If you are looking for great Italian food then you need to go to Russo's & check it out for yourself.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I both enjoyed eating here, the food was excellent, the service was great, and it had an overall happy environment. We would eat here again! Thanks for pointing us here, TripAdvisor!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have been here several times. We live locally and this is one of me and my husbands top choices. They have delicious homemade Italian food. Everything from the pasta to the pizza down to the dessert and appetizers is excellent. My personal favorites are the cheese ravioli and the mini pizza. I also love the garlic cheese bread. The potatoe wedge appetizer is also the perfect match to the mini pizza! If they have the chocolate cake available snatch it up! It is so moist and delicious. The cannoli is also great. They make the filling from their own recepie each week. Super good. Enjoy!!

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Warm welcome, plenty of smiles good food , just right portions. Very local. Between two exits and two banks ..just in case .

Been to Johnny Russo's Italian Kitchen? Share your experiences!