“It's a pleasant Courtyard Marriott”

Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Baldwin Park
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I had no gripes with this place. Very nice staff, decent breakfast, spacious room. It wasn't one of the snazzy new Courtyards, but everything was in good shape and it was your standard Courtyard Marriott. They should upgrade the TVs in the rooms and get faster internet. Also, it'd be nice to have a more expansive business center whose computers don't have that crappy non-standard software on it. I'll gladly stay here again, however. As for the area, I'm not sure what people are expecting. It's Baldwin Park. It's a fine are - not Beverly Hills - but not bad by any stretch of the imagination. For people from outside of LA, though, this may not be convenient if you're on vacation.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed October 8, 2010

Arrived mid-afternoon to check-in to my room, 2 Queens non-smoking. Requested for a room facing the back of the property, but "none were available" at the time.

Checked in to a freeway-facing room on the 9th floor and the sounds of the freeway definitely resonated into the room. Attempted to use the bathroom and noticed that there was little water pressure in the sink and insufficient water pressure to use the shower.

Informed the front desk and they reassured me that an engineer would be on their way and that the lead building engineer is also on it's way to the property, as the hotel is well aware of the issue.

Upon my return to the hotel in the evening at ~ 11 pm. The water pressure was still poor in my room. Upon notifying the front desk, they informed me that there was no ETA and that all 2 Queens were sold out that evening.

...they suggested a 1 King Suite facing the freeway, on the 3rd floor. Upon entering the really dark room, the sounds of the freeway along w/ the pool resonated in the hot room. The A/C in the living room was loud and I learned the next morning that the drapes in the bedroom had a 2 inch gap, resulting in being awake as soon as the sun did!

...despite the troubles of changing rooms, the water pressure still left much to be desired in the suite...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2010

This hotel was close to a client of mine so I decided to stay somewhat close so I could get there in the morning with out fighting the LA traffic. The area in and around the hotel, isn't horrible but it isn't really nice either. I was hoping to walk to a restaurant close by but decided to stay in the hotel and eat at the bar. The food was great, the service was great...no problems. My room was clean, Internet was above average, it was what I expected in a courtyard room. The breakfast buffet was very good, again the service was good no problem.
In the end if you are looking for convenience this is hotel is fine, but if you are looking to get out of the hotel at night and walk around this is not a great place.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Property is well kept, bed was comfortable, room service is great if they don't change the hours stated, restaurant staff is wonderful, food is excellent (I highly recommend the breakfast buffet), front desk help needs improvement, housekeeping is very poor (they left room service dishes and uneaten food behind, they only made our bed - NOTHING else and left their unused cleaning supplies) and location is great. I left a "middle of the road" review due to several issues that could have easily been avoided, such as having to key code each day at the front desk when we had given our check-out date and it not having been noted in their system (thank goodness there were rooms still available). As well, housekeeping services were very inadequate.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2010

My family and I got 2 rooms here, my kids (17 and 12) stayed in 1 and my husband and I in the the other. My kids had the TV on (kind of loud) in their room and our rooms were right next door, BUT we could not hear a thing in ours. Freeway was right outside our window but we heard NOTHING! Beds were amazingly comfortable. I asked for extra feather pillows during my online reservation and all 4 beds had at least 6 pillows. I highly reccommend this hotel. We all got a very good nights sleep here!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2008

I stayed at this hotel Nov. 17-21, 2008 in a King room (room 404). People who have written reviews may be just slightly too kind. Let me try to present a full picture:
The pros: The staff ARE friendly and try to be helpful. The hotel is clean, modern, and for a Courtyward, a bit nicer than the average Courtyard. My room was exceptionally large, very clean, a nice comfortable bed, and very clean bathroom! I ate all of my breakfasts and dinners at Emilio's and the food there was fairly good (better than Sizzler quality) and the prices were actually fair for what you got.
The cons: After my first night (I left the room at 8:15AM and returned at 5:45PM) the maid never touched the room. And it was too late to have it cleaned. I chose not to say anything as I wasn't interested in getting someone in trouble for what was probably just an oversight.
On Day Three, I needed a Bank of America ATM. The lady at the front desk sent me clear up to Walnut as the closest BofA (8 miles away). Turned out there was one about one mile away up on Ramona Ave. I was stuck on I-10 for 45 minutes just to get to the ATM she directed me to.
The wireless connection in the room is not that great. Several times, I had no connectivity at all. In the AM, it was great! Most connectivity problems were in the PM.
So to summarize, this is NOT the Camelot that many seem to describe it as. It's absolutely not a pit either! Would I return to this particular hotel if I needed to be in this vicinity....probably yes (Baldwin Park/El Monte is a "dodgey" area and this is the nicest hotel in the immediate area...unless you're willing to drive to Pasadena). Would I tell me friends that this is THE hotel to stay at if in the Greater LA area...absolutely not. If you need to be in this area and can get a room for under $100 per night, is it worth is?...probably.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank LQGuy
Reviewed October 21, 2008

Staff was very helpful when checking-in. Clean rooms, free wireless, best rates in surrounding area. Hotel is right off the freeway, so there is some road noise. Also, try the Mexican restauraunt across the parking lot. Excellent! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baldwin Park
Pacific Palms Resort
#1 of 1 in City of Industry
Home2 Suites by Hilton Azusa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park? Share your experiences!