“Would give a 3.5 if I could! ”

Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Baldwin Park
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Oh, I wanted to love this place. The location is pretty convenient - close to restaurants and a pretty nice mall. The staff members I encountered were friendly but there were just little things about our room that made it just a little less than a "very good" stay. The room was nice, but the bathroom could use a make-over. Why? The toilet is sooooo low and the toilet paper dispenser is far away! My husband complained that it was like sitting on a potty-training toilet...and it was a pretty accurate description. Also the shower/tub combo didn't drain properly so my feet were submersed in water while I showered. Didn't eat at the Bistro or use the pool or hot tub, so I can't comment on that. Our room had a fridge and an ok sized TV, pretty standard. Not a bad stay overall, the place just could use a little bit of improvement to make it top notch.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank OregonJen2013
Henry Z, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear OregonJen,

Thank you very much for your feedback, we do appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.
We will definitely put this information to work by making improvements the areas you mentioned in your review.
We hope to be of service to you and to your family in the near future.

Henry

Reviewed April 7, 2014

This Courtyard in Baldwin Park was a lot better than I expected. Upon my arrival, they had staff on hand to check me in and they told me all of the amenities. In comparison to a many other Marriott properties, they have good service, but just missing that little extra WOW factor. I got there right when happy hour was starting at their bistro so I stopped by for a few beers. I had the same experience with the bartenders who were very nice, but could of had that extra "it factor" for a better experience.The prices were moderate for a hotel happy hour but the selection was weak. So I got up to the room and it was immaculate! Rooms were quite spacious and very clean. I was in the room next to the elevator and I didn't hear any noise at all. We were also on the side closest to the freeway and we didn't hear that either. Courtyard's don't have free breakfast but they did give me coupons for breakfast and dinner which was a great touch. The local area is known to be slightly "rougher" for that part of the area, but whilst at the hotel, I experienced nothing but pleasantness.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Typical Courtyard, clean, convenient location, Great working WiFi.

The same problem with most courtyard is that they don't offer free breakfast, Not even to Platinum members. So I was treated the same as any other guests. There was no room upgrades, no breakfast. There is no point for me to stay at courtyards.

I stay more than 250 nights at hotels every year. I'll be staying mostly at Hyatt and Sheraton this year. Their elite program is a lot better with guaranteed suite upgrades, free breakfast and lounges access for evening hours for top level elite Diamond and Platinum members.

The best thing about this Marriott hotel is - It only take 10,000 points to redeem a free night. Others Marriott requires 20,000 and more.

Room Tip: Only 10,000 point to redeem a free night.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tom Y
Henry Z, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Tom,

Thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated. Platinum members at Courtyards tipically get complimentary 400 points or a free item from the market, also as a Platinum member you do get 50 % more bonus points per dollar spent in the cost of the room.
Our Residence Inn and Towne Place Suites do offer complimentary breakfast for all guests. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the rest of our hotel's ammenities. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Upon arrival we learned that we would be entitled to breakfast coupons! They have a Starbucks stand on site and they serve breakfast out of there as well. Hotel was clean, staff friendly, location was an easy on-off the highway. Microwave in room upon request. Refrigerators in all rooms. Beautiful sunrise seen from front corner room!

Room Tip: Ask for the upper floor front corner room for a beautiful sunrise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Shirley,

I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Located in the Towne center of Baldwin park, has got very nice rooms and friendly staff. Has some good view of the LA, surrounding hills. Nice to get snaps during dawn and dusk. Fitness room and swimming pool is much better than hotels of the same class.
Food is very costly and needs improvements. There is a Denny's and Mexican grill, which will be better substitute for food rather than the one inside.
Big business centres and high speed internet, makes it ideal for business trips or holiday rental.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us. We are working towards improving the variety of food items offered at our Bistro. This new food and beverage program offers a limited selection of food items but it can certainly be improved.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

the hotel was simply very good. very good location - loads of resturant around. the room quality is good and the ambience fantastic. the reception folks were warm and friendly. it's a true business hotel.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Henry Z, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to share your comments about your stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Baldwin Park. I'm glad to hear that we met your expectations.We look forward to your next visit.

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott,

Henry

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very clean with a beautiful lobby. Room was very pleasant and the bed was comfortable. I like the coffee shop/breakfast place in the hotel, and there is close proximity to shopping and restaurants. The Guadalajara Grill next to the hotel is excellent.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/West Covina
Comfort Suites Near Industry Hills Expo Center
Home2 Suites by Hilton Azusa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park? Share your experiences!