“Horrible place!!”

Regency Inn and Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Baldwin Park
“Horrible place!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Where do I start?? Entering the building, it was filthy! The elevator was nasty! Going in & checking over our room, it was like it was a [--] attempt to clean. The housekeeping here sucks! When we came back for our second night after attending an event, our DOOR WAS OPEN!!!! This place is disgusting & I didn't feel entirely safe here. I HIGHLY recommend NOT staying here!!

• Stayed June 2013

Families
Newport News, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

It was 1am and I was driving from LAX to Ontario after a long flight from Atlanta. I saw the Walmart Supercenter on the left and this place on the right so I figured I'd get a room and pick up a few things from Walmart. Big mistake. It was a bad experience but I've stayed in much worse motels. After I got my room key I was asked for $5 in cash for a remote. The remote never worked. I ended up having to get up and turn the channels and adjust the volume by hand. When I first walked into the building there was a very stale smell. The elevator was very dirty. When I got to the 2nd floor the stale smell was still there but much worse. I had a hard time switching the lights on so I could see. When I finally did, I noticed very old furniture. I don't know if the carpet was as dirty as it looked because I never walked on it without my shoes on. The bathroom turned me off so bad that I decided to skip taking a shower. The faucets were so dirty that I couldn't force myself to touch them. I never saw any bugs.The bed comforter had cigarette burns and wasn't very clean. The positive is that the room had a fridge and microwave which I had to plug in before I used them. The Wi-Fi works but it's slow. I wasn't told anything about breakfast so I'm assuming they didn't have one.There's a balcony which overlooks the pool which leads me to believe that this place may have actually been nice back in the day but now it's a disaster. I can't imagine sitting out on the balcony watching people swim in the pool because of how bad the room itself looks and smells. I don't know if the pool was clean or not but from the view it looked okay. Would I recommend this place or want to stay here again? No. For $50 it was exactly what I paid for.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank BridgetSmith4

Travelers are raving about these Baldwin Park hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Within minutes of entering our room we say a small roach, followed my another, followed by dirty sheets and a dirty bathroom! Carpet was also disgusting! NEVER EVER STAY HERE, there is a reason why parolees loiter around! Staff did return our money after we threatened to show video of the infestation to the health department, which we will.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank ACPERZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

The place is filthy! I was so relieved to check out. went home and washed everything that I had taken to this motel with hot water. I saw mold on the walls broken and stained furniture. The worker had a weird twitch and bad temper.
Overall it was a terrible nasty experience the sheets were actually yellow I was scared to sit anywhere. And anytime you call to complain instead of the problem being fixed you get yelled at. I don't recommend this place at all. Your better off sleeping in a car to save the money that will go down the drain giving it to this rude filthy place.

• Stayed March 2012
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed here as an emergency for a week because my daughter and I didn't have anywhere to stay.
The main manager is extremely rude! I stepped on glass in MY ROOM!! and when I called to complain the manager banged on my door the next morning and yelled at me in front of my daughter for complaining. Everytime I called for room service which was only once a day to have my trashed removed he argued with me over the phone saying I can't have everything my way.
The bed sheets, furniture floor and walls are stained! I honestly hated my stay here but had no choice but to ride it out since it was all that I was able to afford. But if u can afford something better than take it!! Don't come here!!!! I spent most of my time out walking with my daughter and staying at fast food places because I was too scared to stay there since I am pregnant and I knew I wouldn't be able to defend my daughter if something happened.

• Stayed March 2012
La Mesa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

I will never stay at this hotel again. There was only 1 pot of coffee in the morning and nothing to put into the coffee, nothing to stir with. It was dirty, I was scared to sit of the sofa, not knowing what could be in it. It was a bad place to stay for any period of time. The light bearly worked in the bathroom, if they worked at all. The carpet was stained and soiled. Do not stay here. All of this and it was their "upgraded" room at that!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Marie M
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

Dirty, glitter ceilings, really! Old, musty I wish I would have known and would have paid a extra to have piece of mind. Scare to sit, lay down or go to the bathroom. Not taking a shower either, tub is gross. Wish I could upload pictures.

• Stayed August 2011
Comfort Suites Near Industry Hills Expo Center
Holiday Inn West Covina
Holiday Inn West Covina
#4 of 7 in West Covina

Been to Regency Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!