“What Happened??”

Del Taco
Ranked #571 of 846 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Since my last review of this location, something has happened. This visit showed an entirely different side than what I had seen before. I arrived at about 2:30 and all the tables and the floor were still dirty from the lunch rush. Service was ok, but unimpressive. Having never tried their hamburgers, I opted for their burgers on sale for 2 for $3.99. I wish I had stayed with what they do best....mexican fast-food. While there was nothing specifically 'wrong' with them, they just weren't that good. No comparison to any of the burgers at Carl's Jr.
The padding was missing from the seat back at the table in front of me. This left two large holes in the back of that seat about 1" to 1 1/2" in diameter.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

After considerable shopping, a bit of food was in order and this was close. It was a good choice as there was plenty on the menu, a true, well-rounded dollar menu, and fast service. The food was up to par for fast food and the entire place was clean, though it was a couple of hours since the lunch rush. The food was delivered hot, just the way I like it.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This location, when Anita is working, makes the best Del Taco burgers ever! She makes each burger to order with pride. Great job!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I used to always come here to get tacos for my school teacher, I never understood why he liked them here. They are not the real mexican style tacos, but they have more of an american style, but they are really good, with cheese on them and are big.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

The food is always hot & fresh. They make a great hamburger. Ask for the fries to be extra crispy - they are hot & fresh. We've had almost everything on the menu - always great. The staff is great! We go out of our way to go to this Del Taco.