“I felt very welcomed and comfortable.”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bakersfield
Ranked #18 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for Business recently, and I must say the experience was wonderful. Not only was I immediately greeted when I walked in, but the hotel itself was extremely well kept, and very nice. During my stay I encountered a woman named Malinda. She is a manager there and her bubbly personality makes you feel like she is your friend. I overheard an employee at the front desk telling Malinda, that she is a great boss and I agree. Malinda treated her staff and guests the same, with respect and a smile. It was nice to stay in such an amazing environment, that makes you forget you are away from home, for work. Even though they were very busy during the beginning of the week, you were given the staff's undivided attention when they were addressing you. The guests even address the staff by name, and the more amazing part is the staff knows the guests on a first name basis as well. I will be choosing this hotel from now on strictly because of Malinda and the way she made everyone feel important.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Dannywilson61990

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Penny was awesome at making our arrangements and billing an easy set up. Trystan was entertaining and and helpful both about the hotel and about questions I had about entertainment and places to eat. The staff in the restaurant was friendly and courteous. I enjoyed the food as well especially the breakfast. In short everyone of the staff I encountered was friendly and helpful. And the room was very nice. Btw the shampoo is different than the same bland old stuff I encounter at most hotels js lol anyway strongly recommend ya stay here if you're in the Bakersfield area for business or pleasure.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I took my first trip for business out in Bakersfield back in June and I have to say that my experience was great from the beginning. I spoke with a young woman named Trystan and when I initially booked my room and she was a great help. She sounded like she was excited to assist me over the phone, you know, when you can tell when someone is smiling while talking to you. My flight was delayed 1 day due to problems and I had a layover in Phoenix and had no clothes and stuff, so it was not going well. I forgot to notify the front desk to let them know that I was coming in a day later and when I called the next day, Trystan (which happened to be the one that booked my hotel) showed that she cared and she apologized for what had taken place on my flight. She reinstated my reservations and assured me that everything was taking care of and that she hoped that my stay would be great while in town. Trystan made me feel important and that they were looking forward for my arrival.

I am big on customer service and from the moment I walked into the hotel and while I stayed there, every time I walked in the lobby, she was always smiling and engaged in eye contact with me to answer any questions that I had and if she did not know, she made sure that she found out my answer (since, I did not know my way around the area, I asked a good amount of questions) She made every customer feel that they were important and gave her full attention when addressing them, whether it was talking to them directly or just passing by the lobby.

I am flying back very soon and will be booking my room at this hotel because of my first experience with the service that Trystan displayed and how enjoyable my stay was.

Shane

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2014

The staff, starting with Tristan at the front desk, was amazing. I booked 4 separate reservations requiring numerous rooms on various days during a stay for a funeral. Tristan made everything so easy, and accommodated our party to have rooms near each other which was a huge help during this difficult time for my family. She also tried to get us the best possible room rate available. Then we ate breakfast 2 days in a row at their restaurant. The waiter on our 1st day, was friendly, helpful and even helped us play a little joke on our older sons by bringing the late comers one yogurt with 4 spoons on a plate. They also accommodated our large party to sit together. The waitress on day 2 was friendly, pleasant and helpful. Our over 21 year old daughter enjoyed a glass of wine at the bar with her cousin and commented that the bar tender was friendly. She even loaned us a wine bottle opener. We would definitely stay at this hotel in the future, no hesitation. The rooms were clean and quiet. Definitely family friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2014

VERY clean and nice! Easy parking, close to most everything but mostly it's so very clean inside and out. I felt very safe here. Front desk staff is friendly and helpful. This was my second time here and I'll be back!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Herod L
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

The staff was very friendly! From front desk to the restaurant Mary R at the bar was amazing. And our waitress and restaurant manager Carlos was also very very friendly We had a great meal and our room was clean and very comfy. Were on our way to AZ and this was just a quick stopover, but we recommend this place no matter what your reason for staying in Bakersfield

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Mixed feelings about this hotel.
We stayed one night on the way from Las Vegas to Sequoia National Park.
The hotel is nice and clean.
On the booking confirmation from hotels.com it states we booked a room that measures 123 square metres (not sure the room is that big – it felt like 60-70 square metres) also it was confirmed that breakfast would be free, however this was false advertising.
At check-in we were given a voucher of USD 20 for breakfast, we showed the staff our confirmation of breakfast included, they did not care. We briefly calculated that due to overpricing in the restaurant, our breakfast would cost around USD 50- 60, so a voucher of USD 20 would not be sufficient. Anyway, we found a better solution.
Another mistake we made was to use the restaurant for dinner, again overpriced for what we got.
We may stay at hotel again - as the rest was fine - just stay far away from restaurant.
This review will only get 3 stars, the reason being that breakfast included is a scam.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank olchju
Holiday Inn B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear oichju,

Please accept our apologies for the mistake that appeared on the Hotels.com website. However we offer a full serve restaurant on site that provides Breakfast and Dinner. The voucher you received would've be provided with the purchase of our Bed & Breakfast Rate per room. I know this was a disappointment for you and your party. We truly apologize for any misleading advertisment regarding our property. This matter will be looked into further. Thank you for choosing Hoilday Inn & Suites Bakersfield.

Sinerely,