“This is a cool place, very comfy beds”

Red Roof Inn Bakersfield
Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed 5 days and it was quiet and noneventful, just how I like it! Good breakfast, friendly staff, spacious rooms and super super comfy beds. I will stay again. It is a little pricey at 59.99 for a double bed, as it is an older motel. But it is comfy and accommodating. Plentiful parking, on site laundry that closes late is nice

• Stayed: January 2013
Shetal P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Room rates were a bit higher than normal during your visit to Bakersfield, cause of the various events that were happening in town. We take great pride in our hotel and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed in several hotels and I have NEVER experienced anything like this. I think the individuals that gave this hotel good reviews had the properties mixed up. This place was by no means clean. It was the most disgusting place I have ever visited. Not only was it filthy but it was run down and in desperate need of renovations. I honesty don't know how this place stays in business. I can see how their were women of the night that frequent here, this is all this hotel should be accommodating. I am not one who rights reviews but after visiting this place I felt inclined to do so. This is by no means a family establishment, I would rather sleep in my vehicle than subject my children to this fifth. Don't waste your time in coming here. Pay the extra 10 somewhere else, I am telling you it is worth it. I didn't stay for long. I packed up and headed to clean hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank magdak661
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were traveling from Las Vegas to Oakland for a concert...and wanted to take our time, so I made reservations at this hotel for two nights. One on the way there, and one on the returning trip. When we got there, my husband said that this may not be one of my best picks. The hotel looked run down, one of the walls was literally falling down. I'm not sure if this is part of a renovation...but, there was a giant hole in the second floor wall above the office. We couldn't cancel at this point, and didn't want to pay for a night in a hotel and not use it..so, we hesitantly went into the office. The young lady at the front desk was the shiny light at this place. She was extremely nice and struck up a conversation with me, and later, gave my husband directions for restaurants. It gave us hope that maybe the hotel wasn't THAT bad. Wrong. We got upstairs, and I checked the bed. The mattress and box springs were disgusting. Absolutely filthy. I called down for an extra sheet and we slept on three layers of sheets and in our clothes. In the morning, we were anxious to wash away any dirt that may have seeped through (and hopefully the memories of this place) but, the water was ice cold. Not even luke warm. Seriously...don't stay here unless you are desperate. We opted to cancel our second reservation and just drive straight home.

Room Tip: Want a good room? Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Shetal P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

I am very sad to hear you did not enjoy your most recent stay with us. The hotel is going thru some major renovations. So, yes, there was a huge hole in the wall on the second floor above the office where we just installed a new window. So, there isn't a hole anymore and I apologize for the cold water. We had a city gas & water backflow inspection that day and had to turn the water off for a few minutes and the water heater turned off and it took a while to reheat the water. I am very sorry for the inconvenience this caused you. But like I said we are making some major changes and hope you will come back in a few weeks to see all the improvements we have made.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family stayed there from July 27th through the 29th of 2012. There we huge water bugs as the hotel staff called them, on the wall of my son's room. Looked up water bugs on the internet when we got home and they are known as roaches or water bugs. He also had small cockroaches in the bathroom as well as ants in the showers. Ladies of the night also frequent this establishment.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Deeleecross
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We were on a road trip from Las Vegas to San Francisco and decided to stop on the way for the night, with Bakersfield being right in the middle. A quick drive around and we found this place, stayed the night and had no worries at all. Bed and room were nice enough for the price, the person at the front desk was happy to answer our questions, and it even provides free internet. The only downside was the breakfast... which was basically an apple.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Shetal P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you Aaron for you review, we appreciate you taking the time to tell others about our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay other than the breakfast. I don't know exactly what time you came down for our breakfast but we do offer coffee, orange juice, apple juice, danishes, muffins, cinammon rolls and apples. I think you might have come down after our breakfast hours, because we leave the apples out for our guest all day, but the rest of our breakfast good are stored away. Anyway, I hope you will come back so you can try our breakfast even if you are just driving by...come and have a complimentary bit!

Reviewed April 12, 2012

My buddies and I were driving through from death valley and the roads were closed cause of the bad weather so we decided to stay in Bakersfield. We drove up to this hotel right off the highway, but far enough away so we didn't have to hear the traffic. It's a old hotel but in great condition. The room is nice, clean, and they got free WIFI, so I was a happy camper! For the price we paid we got our monies worth. I gotta say the peeps that work there got be the nicest people I've ever met. Talk about customer service, dude, they go above and beyond!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Shetal P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Thank you Brandon for your kind words. I feel very proud to have the best staff members working here at this hotel. My staff and I were very happy to hear from you and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago. We pulled up to this hotel last and night and asked the front desk clerk to see one of the rooms. The carpets were just shampooed so I knew the room was very clean.The staff at the hotel is very welcoming and I had a good night here! God Bless!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple