“Disgusting”

Ranked #17 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Silver Springs Nevada
“Disgusting”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family stayed there from July 27th through the 29th of 2012. There we huge water bugs as the hotel staff called them, on the wall of my son's room. Looked up water bugs on the internet when we got home and they are known as roaches or water bugs. He also had small cockroaches in the bathroom as well as ants in the showers. Ladies of the night also frequent this establishment.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Deeleecross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We were on a road trip from Las Vegas to San Francisco and decided to stop on the way for the night, with Bakersfield being right in the middle. A quick drive around and we found this place, stayed the night and had no worries at all. Bed and room were nice enough for the price, the person at the front desk was happy to answer our questions, and it even provides free internet. The only downside was the breakfast... which was basically an apple.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Shetal P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you Aaron for you review, we appreciate you taking the time to tell others about our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay other than the breakfast. I don't know exactly what time you came down for our breakfast but we do offer coffee, orange juice, apple juice, danishes, muffins, cinammon rolls and apples. I think you might have come down after our breakfast hours, because we leave the apples out for our guest all day, but the rest of our breakfast good are stored away. Anyway, I hope you will come back so you can try our breakfast even if you are just driving by...come and have a complimentary bit!
san marcos, tx
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My buddies and I were driving through from death valley and the roads were closed cause of the bad weather so we decided to stay in Bakersfield. We drove up to this hotel right off the highway, but far enough away so we didn't have to hear the traffic. It's a old hotel but in great condition. The room is nice, clean, and they got free WIFI, so I was a happy camper! For the price we paid we got our monies worth. I gotta say the peeps that work there got be the nicest people I've ever met. Talk about customer service, dude, they go above and beyond!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Shetal P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thank you Brandon for your kind words. I feel very proud to have the best staff members working here at this hotel. My staff and I were very happy to hear from you and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago. We pulled up to this hotel last and night and asked the front desk clerk to see one of the rooms. The carpets were just shampooed so I knew the room was very clean.The staff at the hotel is very welcoming and I had a good night here! God Bless!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Asbury, New Jersey
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I feel like I was HOME!!I The front desk clerk, Coco, is very sweet! Rooms are very big and clean. It's even bigger than my whole apartment. I WILL STAY HERE EVERY TIME I AM IN BAKERSFIELD.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Henry N
Shetal P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Dear Traveler, Thank you for the great review. We're so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and gave us a "Quality" rating. We hope you'll stay with us the next time you come to Bakersfield.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 27, 2012

We stayed here yesterday. I loved the service!!! Apparently a couple just purchased this hotel a couple of weeks ago, and when I checked out they introduced themselves to me...I was soo impressed by their hospitality! The desk clerk who checked me in was soo sweet also.They asked me to give them a review on tripadvisor and so.....!!! I wish them good luck, but if they continue to give every customer this type of service, I'm sure they won't need it. I would absolutely come back in a heart beat!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Maria L
Shetal P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and other travelers. We strive to offer our guests excellent service and are so glad when we hear that our guests enjoyed their stay. We hope to see you back for a return visit to Bakersfield!
Wenzhou, China
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I book my room online same day and check in same day. It was nice hotel. I from China and traveling the US. This was very nice hotel and very nice service. Good location next to highway.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank yingjun j
We appreciate your positive feedback and taking the time to share your experiences with other travelers. We are pleased to learn that you were happy with your room accommodations and we look forward to your return visit.