“Good Experience”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stopped here on our way home as traveled through Bakersfield. We have had both good and horrible Mimi's experiences in different cities.

Our server could not have been nicer or more attentive or more helpful; she was super! I knew I just wanted a bowl of soup and not sure of how one tasted; she brought me a sample.

My husband ordered the turkey dinner and he said it was VERY good - lots of moist, freshly sliced turkey along w/ mashed potatoes, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. He asked for additional gravy and our server brought it promptly.

We would not hesitate to return to this Mimi's.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This place is rather pricy, but not really expensive; it is rather nice in its decor and charming in its pretension (yes, pretension, not presentation). For lunch, I ordered a mimosa and a chicken sandwich on an ornate croissant. The mimosa (orange juice and sparkling wine) was good. Something called "Onion Strings," strips of onion rings, were interesting and tasty. I really think I should have ordered soupe and salade: next time I will do so. As mentioned by others, this restaurant is faux français, with badly messaged items like "Le Grande Pumpkin Pancake Breakfast." My service was quick, but of course the restaurant was practically empty. It was quiet and restful. I can recommend it.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

After an unpleasant night at a nearby motel, my wife and I decided to skip their free breakfast and went to Mimi's. We were very pleased with the food and service. The staff was very friendly and excited about a new menu that was being presented that morning.

We enjoyed our meal and hit the road in a much better frame of mind. Thanks, Mimi's.

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I've always loved this Mimi's. I do business in Bakersfield and have close family there. Food's consistently good, especially breakfast. Am addicted to the stringy, messy cheese infested French Onion Soup--so awesome! The staff is always professional and upbeat. And if you're a traveller, you'll appreciate this: super clean restrooms.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We went here on "Bastille Day" we expected that it would be busy so we were prepared to wait. We found an open table on the patio that we could have right away. We waited for over 20 minutes to even be greeted by our server. I know she was busy but she passed us five time without so much as a word, not a hello I will be right with you. When she did finally come to take our order she explained that they had not been prepared to be busy. Seriously you run a special like this on a Sunday and you don't prepare to be busy. This was not the servers fault but she could have given us a greeting when she first noticed us and told us she would be with us as soon as she could. The food was prepared as ordered, however the server was not familiar with the menu, she did not know if they had certain things, like brown rice. She brought us a empty catsup bottle, as soon as she handed it to us it was obviously empty. We had to wait to get here attend for her to bring us another one. As she left us the empty bottle and ran. We have eaten here many times and never had a problem before.