“Nice enough”

Ranked #45 of 62 Hotels in Bakersfield
Berkeley, CA
“Nice enough”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2005

This motel has good sound insulation between rooms. The bedspread and carpet looked new (it's the same as in the photos). Lots of cable channels on TV. The night desk clerk was kind of weird, although it could have been because the reservation was in my name but my partner filled out the room card with his name. At 7 in the morning the toilet backed up when we used it. I called the front desk and was told maintenance would arrive in 1/2 hour. I called an hour later and was told maintenance was on its way. He showed up 5 minutes later, fixed the toilet, cleaned the floor and gave us fresh towels. Overall, we were satisfied.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2004

This was the worst hotel I have ever been to in my life! This hotel has the worst customer service! The staff is rude, unhelpful and arrogant! Please never stay here if you want a comfortable night's sleep. This is the lowestof the low end hotels. DON'T STAY HERE! TRUST ME!!!

• Stayed May 2004
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Bakersfield hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2004

I would never stay at an Econo Lodge again! What a dump!

I have stayed at cheap places before. Like Motel 6. But this was worse. The room smelled like they were trying to cover up someother dead smell or smoke or something. My mom with asthma was almost sick. A man was standing in his doorway smoking and drinking beer. Watching us move into our room. This made us very uncomfortable. We were traveling and needed some place to stay for the night on our way to Las Vegas. It was late and my reservation could not be canceled after 6pm.

In the morning 2 men started to have a fight and I could not get out of there fast enough. I plan to send a note to the corporate office. The people in the facility were not friendly and could careless who checked into the hotel.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member