“Very clean pool, clean & comfortable room”

Motel 6 Bakersfield
Ranked #47 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Trip advisor, why does the review have to be a minimum of 200 characters?
Good basic accommodation. Clean & comfortable. In the hot summer weather the pool was such a relief!
Family of 2 adults and 2 grown kids fit easily into one room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed there for one night. The room felt like it was dirty. The carpet was moist and there was a musty smell in the room. The shower is so outdated and old that it was gross just to step in it. There was a cockroach underneath the edge of the bed. I felt "dirty" during our short stay. But, it was cheap and I guess you get what you pay for. Lesson learned.

Room Tip: This is a non luxury stay.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Savannah257
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I'm not one who needs a ton of amenities...just want a place to flop down on a decent bed...get up early and go! Most facilities pass this test. This facility would be right on the verge of not passing. Really small room...walls were torn up...bathroom was clean, but showing age...no coffee maker! I would probably search for other options if in this area again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Dennis K
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stopped over here recently on a trip to Las Vegas. It was a very cheap rate, which always gives me pause, but it was convenient to I-5. Check in was very pleasant, even though it was a bit past midnight. The desk clerk was pleasant and helpful. The room was clean although a bit dated and some minor deferred maintenance. We were in a room on the second floor down a short hallway which seemed to funnel all the truck noise from the freeway and the street right past our door. We were also near the top of the stairs, so people coming and going was a bit noisy. We didn't make it down for the breakfast, and there was no coffee to be had when we checked out. The bed was very comfy. Overall, it was a good deal for the money and I would stay and recommend it. Just ask for a room away from the road.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The customer service is horrible. The room I was put in was torn up. The shower was falling apart. The carpet was ripped and coming up. The bedding was from a nightmare. Do not stay here. I asked to be placed in another room and they berated me for even choosing their establishment. The rude manager offered me a discount because she knew the condition of the room, but would not switch me or give me a full refund so I could go somewhere else. I like the choice hotel chain. This however is the only exception I have ever found. Disgusting.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I thought this was a great motel. The room was spacious and clean and looked like it had recently been redone. It had a good sized walk in shower big enough to comfortably fit two people. The air condition looked it was fairly new and had digital controls, which I really liked. And the bed was so comfortable!

The only thing I didn't like was the smell in the lobby and the guy at the front desk was kind of a jerk.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business