“Horrible!!!!”

Motel 6 Bakersfield
Ranked #44 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed January 1, 2013

It was awful. I had forgotten two pyjamas and when I phoned to the hotel they said that the pyjamas there weren't there. The cleaning woman stole our pyjamas! I've travelled a lot and I've never I seen one situation like this. The woman, Ramila was so rude!
The bedrooms were dirty and the situation of the motel is unsafe.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Bakersfield

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Wowzers. This place was not what we expected. I've stayed in choice hotel chains across the country and this hotel was probably the worst, but with the most character of any I'd ever seen. We arrived late and I attempted to call to make reservations to use my discount, but they ignored me and told me to just come in. When I arrived, they ignored my stating that I have a corporate discount card and choice hotels number and just gave me the regular room rate. Inside the room, there were the usual hotel staples, but something was different...in every corner we looked there was gang graffiti spray painted, marked, and chalked-the paintings, tv, lampshade, and furniture. We decided that this room clearly belonged to someone else and they wanted us to know it, and if they came knocking at out door at 3am asking us to relinquish the room, we would have obligingly done so. The area, along with much of Bakersfield was pretty skeezy. I checked over my shoulder frequently while loading and unloading my car. The hotel staff gave us the tv remote from the nighttime bulletproof window. The bed was shockingly hard, so much so that we laughed when we got into bed. It was an interesting stay to say the least and it gave us some good travel stories, but it is not for the faint of heart.

Room Tip: make sure you are not in a rival gang with those that seem to own the place, and perhaps bring a wea...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank megan g
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I never thought that although I was only paying $56, that I would be staying in a place where the place was so disgusting. The shower curtain did not even cover the whole shower so the bathroom flooded with water. The bed spreads were ripped and there was hair all over the place. I woould never stay at this motel or any econo motel again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I stayed here earlier this week and if it wasn't for one serious problem I would have rated it as the best budget motel I have stayed in Bakersfield.

When I arrived I was a bit wary since the property looks worn down and in serious need of a paint job. Fortunately, the woman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. In addition, while the room is small it was well equipped with a nice bed and a bathroom with clean towels. And, surprisingly for a budget motel, the Wi-Fi was excellent and free. The only problem I saw was that the carpet was a bit worn. Also, it had a shower but no tub but that's not a problem for me.

Now, on to the problem I had. When I went into the bathroom right after I checked in I saw the biggest cockroach I have ever seen in my life. I didn't have any bug spray with me but I was able to trap and drown it. I then looked very carefully around the room and didn't see any others. Fortunately, I was able to sleep but I worried about being bitten all night.

So, due to the cockroach incident I cannot recommend staying here. However, if they can fix the cockroach problem I'll raise my rating from two to four stars.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2012

This hotel has seen better days (at least I hope it has). It's old and worn down. And, that's an understatement. The furniture was all banged up and the carpet looked so dirty I didn't want to walk barefoot. At least the paint was relatively fresh. I checked in late (around 10ish) and during my short stay three light bulbs went out. I thought the daily rate of $43 was pretty cheap, but after spending one night there I felt like I was ripped off.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Old furniture, not clean, very poor breakfast. No coffe maker, no microwave and no bath tub.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed January 10, 2012

The linens and towels were clean and the bed was firm. We had a good night's rest. There was shampoo and conditioner but no hand soap - I think they thought the shampoo and body wash covered that. There was no hairdryer either and only one available electrical outlet in the room (in the bathroom) into which we could plug our laptop. We had to rearrange the furniture to use it. The breakfast was minimal - juice, coffee, toast, sticky bun. The lobby had an odor but the room smelled fresh. The price was right though - $31.95 plus tax.

Room Tip: Good for a night - don't expect too much luxury. Ask to see a room before you commit.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple