WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue

Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue
Ranked #49 of 62 Hotels in Bakersfield
Bay Point, California
“Stairwells were extremely dirty.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Hector at the front desk was extremely helpful and courteous. Five stars to him. However the printer was broken and couldn't print out a receipt for me. He did offer to e-mail one. The sink in the bathroom was missing the drain cover. The remote control was sticky! Yeow! And the towels were like sandpaper! OUCH!!

The stairwell was extremely dirty from food and spilled liquids. A big puddle of liquid was on top of the trash can. After I reported it, it was cleaned up immediately. And the handrails were so dirty you dare not touch them.

Room Tip: To select free wifi, use the "goese" Internet network. This is NOT identified on the chec...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Bill K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this review, December 5, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that you did not enjoy your accommodations at our hotel. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am making sure all issue in your room and outside of the location are addressed. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feed back and your time. I hope that you will contact me directly, at bak@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Medford, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. However, we had after the first week bedbugs in our room. They did take care of it, but I still had to wash all the clothes and transfer to another room by myself. They did pay for the laundry. Took me half a day to do all this. I was expecting a little more than that. Room over all was clean, but the carpets were dirty. My daughter had black feet after walking barefoot in the room! Kitchen came in handy and had a nice full size fridge/freezer. Both rooms we stayed in were very loud. You have the train depot and the freeway right there. I guess you get what you pay for. I would recommend this for the out of town worker, not as a vacation location with family.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank bayernmom
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are glad to hear that our staff provided you with superior service and that you enjoyed our fully equipped kitchens; however, we are very sorry that you had to change rooms. Please accept our apologies for your experience. We have checked all of our beds to ensure your experience is not repeated. We are also working to improve the cleanliness of our carpets.

Thank you again for your feedback; it will help us to improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at bak@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Dirtiest place I've ever stayed! This is the type of fleabag hotel you see in the movies. Dog hair everywhere! Dog food all over the floor. Dirty panties stuffed in the chair! You bet I'm getting my money back on this stay!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank DanaLiane
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory conditions you experienced in your room. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we will be retraining our housekeeping staff and ensuring every room is cleaned to our standards.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at bak@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Perris, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

When we walked in I noticed the rooms to be very dirty. Remote control was sticky ( don't even want to know why) and the beds were very hard. The freeway was very loud from my room. It was right out our door.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bakersfield, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Trying to save a little money and have a place that has a kitchen, might have been better off at a similar cost (or cheaper) hotel without the kitchen. The staff was very friendly (to me). The room smelled lightly of cigarette smoke, the bed linen did not, thankfully. Because I grew up with smokers it did not bother me so much. I did not trust to use anything in the kitchen except microwave and the fridge, both were old and slightly abused but functional. There was no dish cleaning items in the kitchen, so I an not sure how the dishes were cleaned. I made this mistake at a cabin in Utah and do not plan on a repeat. The bed was comfortable and I was a little surprised at how well I slept. The highway was on one side and the train yard on the other. I was startled by a large crashing sound, when I saw no tractor trailer wreck in the parking lot (from falling off the 99 it was that loud), I guessed it was the train yard moving cars. It is too bad that a place like this attracts undesirable folks to stay, who do not respect the property and the people that will stay after they leave.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Chris K
salinas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Ive stayed at many hotels because of family trips and work related trips. This was by far the worst trip ever the hotel was disgusting beds were dirty walls were dirty the kitchen was ok except the fridge I wouldn't trust my food in there at all. The staff was not helpful rude. And the price I paid to stay there was crazy especially because I'm sure motel 6 would have been much cleaner

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank lexykemp
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Updated, clean rooms. Comfy beds and pillows. Hector at the front desk was especially friendly and accommodating to ensure all was well during check-in and after. Nice to have a "grab-n-go" breakfast snack and coffee in the a.m. Much appreciated. We used a guest comp certificate which was readily accepted.

• Stayed March 2014