“Great stay at Extended Stay”

Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue
Ranked #52 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Slidell, Louisiana
“Great stay at Extended Stay”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The staff at this facility were the best in my experience of staying in hotels, which spas over 50 years. I was going to move out, when the desk people told me that they would make a resevation for me, even though there were no available rooms. They found one for me and kept me from spending too much.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank buceamos
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be one of the best you have ever visited and that our staff took such great care of you. I know that we truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Los Angeles CA
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very nice hotel just off Hwy 99. Near everything! Easy in and out. Hotel looks like they just refurbished the whole thing - rooms, grounds, parking. Large rooms with full kitchenettes including full size fridg, 2 burner electric stove, microwave, coffee maker, plates, pans, cups, dishes, silverware. Super clean bathroom. Comfy bed. Flat screen TV. Wonderful stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LindaLosAngelesCA
Tucson, Az
Reviewed September 24, 2013

we have stayed here about 4 to 5 times. each time room has been clean and comfortable, nothing fancy. the staff is very nice. we always requested a room at the front of motel away from freeway and trains, quiet. breakfast is a snack, but they have good coffee. we will be staying there again end of oct. Bakersfield can be hot, the air conditioner has always worked very well. we have family in the area so it is very convienent and reasonable. good value

Room Tip: rooms on the front are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Robert - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that our staff provided you with such great service and that you like the coffee from the grab-and-go breakfast bar. It is also great to know that your room was comfortable and quiet.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We booked in this hotel for one night and one night was one night too many!!!! Our room was very small, cramped and smelt really bad. The room was facing the freeway and the noise kept us awake all night. The public areas are disgusting with garbage all over the stairways.
The only positive thing I can say is the lady at reception was very pleasant and helpful.
I would highly recommend you go elsewhere.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nic675

Travelers are raving about these Bakersfield hotels

Cayucos, CA
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was only there one night. I had a room in front. The speaker from Camelot next door was a bit annoying, but that is not the hotel's fault. My room was clean and met my needs. Free WiFi was appreciated. Other reviewers mentioned the train, but I only heard it once at 9:45pm. Overall, this hotel was fine and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the parking lot will hear the speaker from Camelot.
Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your clean room and our free WiFi. Still, I sincerely apologize that you were disturbed by noise from a property next door to our hotel.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Jacksonville, Oregon
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The only great thing about this place is the price. The overall housekeeping is horrible. I am in a non-smoking room, yet the pillow cases have cigarette burns in them. When I complained, their solution was to give me ONE new pillow case, rather than replace the pillows. Even though the room appears to be reciently remodeled, the carpet has numerous stains throughout. I brought this to their attention after check-in, but after 4 days, nothing has been done to shampoo the carpet. After check-in I discovered that although I had 3 bath towels, I only had 1 hand towel and 1 wash cloth. When I complained I received an additional one of each. In addition to these issues, the stairways and walkways are extremely stained and dirty. If you don't have an issue with dirt, I guess that this place would suite you just fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeff G
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Office closed at 11p.m but when reserving room about 3 hours ahead was told if i arrived after 11 to use the phone outside office to call so someone would assist me. I arrived at 11:03 p.m had to call several times was given dif excuses i even asked to cancel so i could just get a room somewhere else but was told i could not get my money back. After a hour and 15 min finally someone opened me the door.. yet on the day i was gonna check out they came knocked on the door at 10 when check out was at 11 to make sure i would check out. And also i checked out 10 min late they called me to tell me then about 15 min later i was already on the road the manager calls me to tell me im still in her room. I have stayed at many extended stays thru out California but i will never stay at this location again.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank amer29
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I would like to start by apologizing to you for the poor customer service you encountered at our hotel This is unacceptable and it will be addressed with the entire staff. We strive to provide all our guests with a comfortable, “home away from home” experience. I am sorry we failed at that mission. Still, I appreciate you bringing this to my attention as I will use your comments as an example in order to coach our team on different ways to provide better service in the future.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bak@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.