Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue
Ranked #44 of 61 Hotels in Bakersfield
Tucson, Az
“good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

we have stayed here about 4 to 5 times. each time room has been clean and comfortable, nothing fancy. the staff is very nice. we always requested a room at the front of motel away from freeway and trains, quiet. breakfast is a snack, but they have good coffee. we will be staying there again end of oct. Bakersfield can be hot, the air conditioner has always worked very well. we have family in the area so it is very convienent and reasonable. good value

Room Tip: rooms on the front are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Robert - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that our staff provided you with such great service and that you like the coffee from the grab-and-go breakfast bar. It is also great to know that your room was comfortable and quiet.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We booked in this hotel for one night and one night was one night too many!!!! Our room was very small, cramped and smelt really bad. The room was facing the freeway and the noise kept us awake all night. The public areas are disgusting with garbage all over the stairways.
The only positive thing I can say is the lady at reception was very pleasant and helpful.
I would highly recommend you go elsewhere.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nic675

Travelers are raving about these Bakersfield hotels

Cayucos, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was only there one night. I had a room in front. The speaker from Camelot next door was a bit annoying, but that is not the hotel's fault. My room was clean and met my needs. Free WiFi was appreciated. Other reviewers mentioned the train, but I only heard it once at 9:45pm. Overall, this hotel was fine and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the parking lot will hear the speaker from Camelot.
Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your clean room and our free WiFi. Still, I sincerely apologize that you were disturbed by noise from a property next door to our hotel.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Jacksonville, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The only great thing about this place is the price. The overall housekeeping is horrible. I am in a non-smoking room, yet the pillow cases have cigarette burns in them. When I complained, their solution was to give me ONE new pillow case, rather than replace the pillows. Even though the room appears to be reciently remodeled, the carpet has numerous stains throughout. I brought this to their attention after check-in, but after 4 days, nothing has been done to shampoo the carpet. After check-in I discovered that although I had 3 bath towels, I only had 1 hand towel and 1 wash cloth. When I complained I received an additional one of each. In addition to these issues, the stairways and walkways are extremely stained and dirty. If you don't have an issue with dirt, I guess that this place would suite you just fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jeff G
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Office closed at 11p.m but when reserving room about 3 hours ahead was told if i arrived after 11 to use the phone outside office to call so someone would assist me. I arrived at 11:03 p.m had to call several times was given dif excuses i even asked to cancel so i could just get a room somewhere else but was told i could not get my money back. After a hour and 15 min finally someone opened me the door.. yet on the day i was gonna check out they came knocked on the door at 10 when check out was at 11 to make sure i would check out. And also i checked out 10 min late they called me to tell me then about 15 min later i was already on the road the manager calls me to tell me im still in her room. I have stayed at many extended stays thru out California but i will never stay at this location again.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank amer29
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I would like to start by apologizing to you for the poor customer service you encountered at our hotel This is unacceptable and it will be addressed with the entire staff. We strive to provide all our guests with a comfortable, “home away from home” experience. I am sorry we failed at that mission. Still, I appreciate you bringing this to my attention as I will use your comments as an example in order to coach our team on different ways to provide better service in the future.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bak@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Overnight stay was adequate. Smallest queen size bed I've ever slept in, but the room, and the bed, was comfortable and clean. Microwave, sink, dishes, full size refrigerator would make this good for a couple of days stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Hi Kanda,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels.
Chennai, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

It maybe value for money, but I didnt really enjoy my 2.5 week stay here. They gave me a room at the back of the hotel despite my asking for one away from the freeway. I was here on business for 4 weeks and cut it short.

The front desk isnt really warm enough, and no one really sits at the desk 24 hours. Even during the mornings and evenings, you have to ring to get their attention. Breakfast is a joke, but they dont advertise otherwise; so I wouldnt complain. I just wish my company wasnt stingy enough to book me here at the lowest rate they found on the internet. The treatment you get at the front desk is completely different if you book through the property or otherwise. So I got the stale end of it. Poor sleep quality because of the constant noise from the freeway right outside my room.

This has nothing to do with the hotel, but Bakersfield is in the middle of nowhere and you cant get anywhere without a rental car or a cab which would cost you a bomb. I dont know if this was just my room, but they say the kitchen is fully equipped, but all they have is two pans and a laddle; really small bowls which isnt really enough to cook a meal. With nothing out there in Bakersfield in walking distance, you have to depend on your own cooking.

Terribly loud air conditioning unit; the unit itself is inside the room making it worse. TV is tuned down to a low volume, so if you're cooking, with the microwave on and your a/c unit on, you might as well not watch any television.

All in all, I wouldnt come back to Bakersfield, much less, stay in ESA!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gayathri_Iyer
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Gayathri - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs properly. In response to this feedback, I am coaching the entire team on how to provide better customer service moving forward. As well, I apologize that our location and grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. The breakfast is a new feature, one which we are still fine tuning. As we do so, we will definitely keep your remarks in mind.

Thank you again for your comments. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at bak@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.