Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue
Agoda.com
$98
$94
Travelocity
All reviewsfull size fridgemy home away from homerecommend this hotelkitchenettestove
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My experience at the ESA Bakersfield, CA has been a wonderful experience. The staff is very friendly and after a long day of travel and/or working, it is nice to be greeted with a smile at the front desk. My room is cleaned to perfection and if I am missing any items, just one call and the staff accomodates me. I feel safe and look forward to sleeping in comfort every evening in their new beds and the new renovations has made ESA Bakersfield, CA a top notch hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Bakersfield - California Avenue. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. Now that our renovations are complete, we are happy to hear you are enjoying your stay and the service. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I love the people who work here. The rates are excellent for the frugal traveler, and the rooms have everything I need to feel comfortable. The staff really outshines many of the places I have stayed, and I travel frequently. A special thanks to Veronica, Samantha, and Lucy. Housekeeping is very particular about the small details, and it shows. You're going to love the beds. Very comfortable. The kitchenette has everything I need to eat well, on a budget. And the complimentary breakfast is a great way to start off the morning.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Bakersfield - California Avenue. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and I can see that in your case we've done just that. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the kitchen and other amnities. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service at a great price, is our priority.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We arrived to find a very friendly staff in the office and check in was a breeze. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Because this hotel is designed for long stays you get a kitchenette with utensils, pans and a full size refrigerator with ice trays. I thought that was a nice touch. The beds were decent and we were on the first floor. We were surprised at how quiet the room was. Considering the hotel backs up to the rail yard and it was fully booked, we were really surprised.

The only negatives were that there is no daily maid service. Not a big deal, but it would have been nice if they would have told us when we checked in. The internet is awfully slow. However, if you want to pay you can get it faster. The more you pay, the faster it gets. If I was staying there for a week, I would pay, but since we were there for the weekend it wasn't a big deal.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TC6012
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Bakersfield - California Avenue. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you. I noticed that your comments included the housekeeping service and I apologize for the staff not mentioning that we do have a "buy up" service for this.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have been staying here off and on for the last two years. I have always had great service here. The office staff overall is friendly and helpful. Jessica is extremely professional and efficient in performing her duties and works very hard to meet any requests that I have. Whenever I ask for something from anyone, it's always available or within a short period of time. The housekeepers are friendly and keep my room clean and well stocked with towels, soap, and toilet paper. If I need extra, I just go to the office and it's provided. The new upgraded rooms are a plus. The new daily continental breakfast has been a great addition. I've had no problems during my stays here.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the front parking lot are quieter than those that face either the freeway or the railroad areas, but otherwise the central location makes it easy to get to various areas of Bakersfield in a short time.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Barry G
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the newly upgraded hotel and that you have been a loyal guest at our hotel for such a long time. Its also nice to hear that you enjoy the service. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have been staying here for two years as a home away from home and I have had excellent service here. I like the fact I can cook in the room and it has a full fridge for food. The rooms st year were old and dated, but the rooms now are beautiful with the new upgrades in beds and chairs and other decor upgrades. The staff have been more than friendly and accommodating-every person in the staff. They have gone above and beyond to be helpful and fix anything out of the ordinary or meet my requests, which have been few. Jessica is a very hands on manager and that is someone you don't always see at a hotel. When my puppy died while I was staying here, it felt like family mourning with me. I would recommend this to anyone who needs a long stay motel with reasonable prices. The addition of continental type breakfast was a nice addition.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the front parking lot. Unfortunately there is no pool or bbq area here, just a variety of good restaraunts and fast foods close by as well as gas stations.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a great review. We truly appreciate your being a loyal guest of ours. I was also glad to learn that you are enjoying the upgrades we completed recently. Our goal is to keep guests like yourself completely satisfied and to keep hearing about great guest experiences. After reading your review, I can see where we were able to achieve this. Thank you so much once again for your kind words.