“Very satisfactory”

Vagabond Inn Bakersfield North
Ranked #49 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
“Very satisfactory”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I am frequently in Bakersfield for business, and I always stay at the Vagabond North. I have had nothing but good experiences and the staff is very accommodating, especially Joanne at the front desk. She is always willing to go the extra step, I hope management reads this and gives her the acknowledgment she deserves.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank BKCochran
vagabondinnsouth, Owner at Vagabond Inn Bakersfield North, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your input and we will make sure that our employees and Johanna get see your review. Johanna will be rewarded.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Great if your a Trucker. Lots of truck parking, all paved. Book in advance ask for the main building. rooms get worse in the other seperate building(I was in 3 rooms during my stay). Old school TV's . Nothing over 19" from the 80's,but do have 4 HBO channels. Continenltal breakfast was below average. Staff were very nice. Make sure if you book in... let them know your not a local !!! Lots of locals live here for months at a time and are not well liked by the staff.
Burger King, Quisnos subs, Taco Bell, Jack in the box all walking distance. Nice Mexican Resturaunt and Cafe also next door. The Best is the Hodel Buffet across the street ! OMG the best Buffet I have ever had. It's always jam packed. Great price 2.There is also a Vons(Safeway) walking distance.
Big Advice.... Do not take your socks off in the room. Your feet will be black ! Burn your your socks at check out

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cupertino, California
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed for 1 night during our trip to Death Valley. I must say its a traveller friendly hotel and very good for a short stay. The room is spacious and the hotel is very close to freeway. The morning breakfast is decent . This hotel is also located nearby many convenient store and restaurants. I would recommend this hotel for short trips.

Room Tip: Room closer to freeway can be noisy at times.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PKabita
vagabondinnsouth, Owner at Vagabond Inn Bakersfield North, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for your comment. We appreciate your input. We are glad we where able to meet your needs and hope to see you in the near future.
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Creepy and dirty! Carpet in the room was sticky. Girl at the front desk had her friends hanging out and they were not of the highest caliber...should have turned around and walked out but it was late and we needed to get to bed. Sleazy people were hanging around, I didn't feel safe. Continental breakfast is served but you are not allowed to take it back to your room. Stupid. Never again.

• Stayed February 2012
Camarillo, California
Reviewed January 14, 2012

After having one good night and one bad night at the south Bakersfield location I decided to try this location. Also, it's closer to downtown where I needed to be. The room was a typical budget motel hotel room but it was clean and well equipped. There are a couple of restaurants, a Starbucks,and a 7-Eleven within walking distance.

My only complaint is there there is quite a bit of noise from the nearby freeway. However, I can generally ignore noises that are monotonous so I was able to sleep through it. If you're looking for an acceptable and cheap motel near downtown Bakersfield I can definitely recommend it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
CA
Reviewed December 11, 2011

This is a slightly below average motel. This is a trucker/working mans place. Got woken up by the big rig outside my window starting up at 5am. Bring ear plugs and your own towel, the ones provided are like sandpaper. The bed was OK, but you can't get an extra pillow from housekeeping because they don't have any to spare. The rooms are worn, but clean. No coffee maker, hair dryer, iron, any of that stuff. On the up side, for breakfast, they have a waffle maker in the lobby (but you have to bring your own butter). Also, the staff is nice and there's a great buffet just across the street.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I was just looking for an inexpensive place to swtay for the night on my way from California to Nevada and yes it was inexpensive but not a good place to stay. My expectations were safe and clean, I don't think this place is eithet. On check in I requested a quiet location, I got high traffic noise, lots of car doors banging and two drunks kn ocking at my door in the middle of the night. The towels were supposed to be white but they were gray the bath tub had an oily ring around it. The floors were dirty. I probably should have left but tiredness from driving caused me to stay. The one redeeming characteristic was it was across the street from a buffet style restaurant called Hodels, which was very good and resonable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family