“I travel alot”

Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South
Ranked #35 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
“I travel alot”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I travel a lot and the south vagabond right off the 99 and Panama is one of the better hotels I've stayed in. It's a pretty convenient location Wal-Mart across the street with a Dennys in the lot. The rooms are always clean and customer service is amazing, whenever I check in the assistant manager always greets me with a smile, I think she goes by Alma, tell her I said hi

• Stayed March 2014
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Powderp89,

Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Alma is a great asset to our property. She says hello! On behalf of our Vagabond Team we appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future!

Jackie Mooers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Alma has great customer service definitely will come back this hotel is awesome.
She greeted me as soon as I came in she made me feel good about it.

Great breakfast and pretty clean rooms.

This hotel made me enjoy my visit I felt very comfortable and at home.

• Stayed March 2014
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Tavo7391,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Alma is a great asset to our property. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again.

Sincerest,
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I was visiting my brother in Bakersfield that I hadn't seen in a long time. He recommended this hotel cause of the price. Said he called several hotels in the area but this one had a free breakfast and free internet that was included with my room as I was staying several days. The rooms are remodeled with hard wood floors and flat screen tvs. Very clean rooms. The people that work in the office were accommodating to every need that I requested cause I have a lot of medical problems. They were great and never got upset at me. I will be returning next month with other family members and will be recommending we all stay here.

Room Tip: ask for the remodeled rooms with hard wood floors
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Tom B.,

Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. At Vagabond Inns we are always more than happy to accommodate your needs in the best way that we can. We are very excited to have you back next month! Safe travels.

Sincerest,
OLYMPIA
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is the first time Tripadviser failed me. We read glowing reports about this motel and decided to pass up a Motel Six for something a little better. What a mistake. We paid over $70 for a terrible room. Checked in at 5:30 pm and the first room we were given had not been cleaned. The second room had floors so dirty they were black. A hole above the light had been repaired but not painted. When I went to take a shower, there was no soap. I even had to pay for ice which I would only expect at a four star hotel. Small rooms but that would be ok if maitenance and amenaties were up to date. The place obviously caters to construction workers as dozens of them could be seen lounging outside their open doors. Really seedy. For the same amount of money, we could have found much better. For those Tripadviser members who gave this a good rating, you need to try some other place so you have a reasonable comparison. Didn't bother with the breakfast. It sounded good, but they have to start it at 2:00 am so as to feed the hundreds of guests in a room that is the size of a postage stamp. Won't ever stay at a Vagabond Inn again.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, try the local Motel 6
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 98502
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. At Vagabond Inns I can assure you that we strive to provide the best experience for our guests. We sincerely apologize that your stay was not satisfactory. The shower gel that our hotel provides is no longer individually packaged. It is located on the wall inside of the shower in order to maintain Eco-friendly. We are very happy at the front desk to provide you with a quarter at any time for ice. I apologize that you were not informed of this at check-in. I would like to personally invite you back to our property for a stay I can assure you will be satisfied with. Please feel free to contact myself at any given time through the property.

Again, our sincerest apologies,
Jackie Mooers

Travelers are raving about these Bakersfield hotels

Bakersfield, California
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Alma was great at getting me a good room for the night because of her service I will be back and repeat business her customer service is phenominal
And the continental breakfast was amazing good job great place to get a room for the night

• Stayed February 2014
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank your for taking your time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate your business and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Alma is a great asset to our hotel as are all of our other employees. We hope to have you back in the near future so that you can meet them as well.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 21, 2014

For a price at 40$ the rooms were way better then expected. Their breakfast hours were very unique starting at 2am. The blueberry waffles were deliciouso. Lily was very sweet and friendly. I honestly didn't expect to have such a great stay. I left there very happy but I will be returning on my next trip.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Fresno, California
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I have recently stayed one night here at vagabond south and I was very satisfied With Lilys customer service.The room was nicely decorated With clean Sheets and towels.I also enjoyed the breakfast very much.will stay again soon!

1 Thank f m
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Vagabond Inn South. Lily is a great asset to our property. It is very exciting for our employees to be personally mentioned by our guests. We hope to see you again in the near future.