“Great experience”

Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South
Ranked #31 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My experience at the vagabond inn south what fabulous i can't believe that rooms are like brand new they have done alot of remodeling from the last time i stayed there,there's alot of stores and food around very great location to stay there,the staff is always helpful the manager rechelle & her desk clerk alma are always making sure we get well taken care of always making sure that everything is okay with the room vagabond inn south has been the best hotel in bakersfield i had stay in.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Cindy L
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. All feedback from our guests is greatly appreciated. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Thank you, again!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Stayed at the vagabond south last week for business purposes. U can't beat 38 dollars a night. Rooms are excellent! They gave me a remodeled room, which was a king size bed, wood floor, flat screen TV, free wifi and free breakfast . staff was great, front desk employee Alma was very nice, sweet and helpful. I would recommend this location to everybody.

1  Thank xxjfpxx

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Thank you, again!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

My family came into town so I rented some rooms at the vagabond inn south. The staff is excellent here and very friendly. They took care of my family cause most was a late checkin. My family says the rooms were clean and remodeled and the staff was so friendly to them. Next time we have another family gathering here I will defiantly have them stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your feedback and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I stayed here last weekend went to Bakersfield for my son turnement, room was great, clean, breakfast was delicious staff was really nice and helpful we were on a low budget so the young lady that checked us in name miss alma worked around to find me and my family a good price I would definely recommend my family and friends to this location thumps up ^^^ for the vagabond inn south.

Thank you, again.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Last weekend I went over to Bakersfield with my husband to look at some homes since we live down in Monrovia. We needed somewhere to stay and we came across Vagabond Inn. We checked in with a young lady named Alma, she was extremely helpful she helped us very much during our stay. The rooms are very home comfortable, my husband and I obsolutely loved it, they have wifi, great food, and it was super clean. I usually am picky with cleanliness and it was a great stay. We are definitely staying again this upcoming weekend!

1  Thank carolina238
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Very comfortable, clean, fresh, and great breakfast. My honest opinion about Vagabond Inn was I had an amazing experience! I had to stay in over for a weekend due to family visit at Bakersfield. I checked in with a employee named Alma, she was VERY kind, sweet, and social! Since it was my first time staying at this hotel, she helped me with directing me to my room, which was a awesome gesture. I was very pleased overall with my experience, she was always making sure I was having a great experience at the Vagabond Inn.. I recommend 100%, great hotel and great costumer service!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your compliments and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Thank you, again.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

DECEPTIVE BILLBOARD ADS by Vagabond Inn Bakersfield & Fresno

Bait & Switch at Bakersfield Vagabond Inn along Panama Lane

AND

Vagabond Inn Fresno, Jensen Road exit motel, along 99 freeway

billboard on 99 freeway Vagabond Inn Bakersfield SE (Panama Lane) said $37.99, ad banner outside hotel said $37.99

when I asked front desk $42.99

Superbowl Sunday, I checked Vagabond Inn Fresno, Jensen Road exit off 99 freeway

Bill board on 99 freeway North-bound, 10 odd miles before Fresno/Jensen Road exit, advertized $45.99 per nite

when I checked with front desk, front desk (from India) was $59.99

BAIT & Switch in Bakersfield

Bait & Switch in Fresno

the only saving grace at Bakersfield Vagabond Inn was that the complimentary breakfast was actually good

biscuits & gravy, DIY waffles, gourmet cappuccino machines, coffee made Bakersfield stay more palatable

I didn't check into Fresno Vagabond Inn @ Jensen Road, no breakfast.. only coffee

Room Tip: ample parking for trucks & trailers
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. At Vagabond Inn south we strive to make our customers feel as though they are completely satisfied. We are very sorry for any misunderstandings that may have occurred. The advertised price is a starting rate for us in which does not include taxes. The base rate is $37.99. With taxes included the rate comes out to a total of $42.55. However, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our continental breakfast and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Again, our sincerest apologies for the misunderstanding.