“Loved it”

Ranked #34 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Los Angeles, California
“Loved it”
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

I was in town for work for a couple of days from Los Angeles. The staff has great customer service. Nice, clean room. Very comfortable beds! The free breakfast is always nice. Front desk clerk Lily was very nice and helpful. I loved my stay there.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank SuazL
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. At Vagabond Inn South we strive to make our guests feel at home. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

Jackie Mooers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stopped by at this hostel in Dec. 2013. We had a very clean and nice room.
Surroundings are not sexy but location is very interesting as it is located near the route from SF to Las Vegas and for the national parks.
Free breakfast is nice, with a delicious self-service waffle machine.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Christophe1313
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are very happy to hear that your stay was satisfactory. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Great value for money (just $38) for one night stopover to LA trip. It is nice, clean and comfortable.
Just one night stop over should be fine, though not worthy here to stay longer and see thing around.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sadeesh_Saddy
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. All feedback from our guests is very important to us.

Corona, California
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel about a day ago. The rooms were excellent very clean really liked the wood floors. The front desk clerk I think her name was Michelle was very friendly and informed us about the breakfast and the hours it started. Breakfast was great. Next trip I'll be sure to stay here again.

1 Thank Michvel
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Selma, California
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My daughters and i were so pleased staying the night here. we woke up and had some delicious waffles . we were so exhausted but the beds were really comfortable! The young lady lily gave us the key to our room she was good with her costumer service. we will be back here for sure .

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your feedback and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Thank you, again.
Oakland, California
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I am a person that can usually deal with situations pretty well, but this place was just too horrible to not take the time to warn people about.
When I walked into the room, (Which was $72.00), I wis hit with a blast of chemical spray smell, with an underlying smell of smoke and filth. The carpeting was greasy, and should have been ripped out years ago, but instead of replacing it, or steam cleaning it, the just pour chemicals on it, so it doesn't smell so bad. The chemical smell kept me up all night, as well as the traffic from the late night female visitors.
The bedspreads had holes, and the sheets had lube stains. The bathroom wasn't clean either. My socks were filthy after walking around a few minutes. We stayed there, because we were looking for a quick place to stay that accepted dogs. My dog even hated it, and had her tail between her legs most of the time.
They serve a free breakfast, but we couldn't get out of there fast enough. I still fell dirty from the experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gunner C
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate all feedback from our guests and are very sorry to hear that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. I can assure you that all of your concerns are being taken seriously and that the appropriate actions will be taken in order to prevent this from happening in the future. We are currently remodeling our hotel and removing all carpeting from the rooms and replacing it with wooden flooring. We hope that you will give us another chance to better serve you again in the near future.

Again, our sincerest apologies,
Yuba City, California
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My gf and I stayed here this past week and let me tell u I had one of the best sleeps ive had in a long time! I cant begin to explain how comfortable it was. The front desk clerkmgave me a special and boy did I feel special. I believe her name was liz, she offered breakfast which I didnt get because im a lunch type of guy but it sure did smell good when I turned in my key! All in all I had a greatbstay and will definitely be referring other family members if they pass through!

• Stayed December 2013
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We very much so appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future. We appreciate all recommendations and can assure you that your family members will enjoy just as well as you have.