“Nice Comfortable”

Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South
Ranked #31 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My daughters and i were so pleased staying the night here. we woke up and had some delicious waffles . we were so exhausted but the beds were really comfortable! The young lady lily gave us the key to our room she was good with her costumer service. we will be back here for sure .

• Stayed: December 2013
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your feedback and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Thank you, again.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I am a person that can usually deal with situations pretty well, but this place was just too horrible to not take the time to warn people about.
When I walked into the room, (Which was $72.00), I wis hit with a blast of chemical spray smell, with an underlying smell of smoke and filth. The carpeting was greasy, and should have been ripped out years ago, but instead of replacing it, or steam cleaning it, the just pour chemicals on it, so it doesn't smell so bad. The chemical smell kept me up all night, as well as the traffic from the late night female visitors.
The bedspreads had holes, and the sheets had lube stains. The bathroom wasn't clean either. My socks were filthy after walking around a few minutes. We stayed there, because we were looking for a quick place to stay that accepted dogs. My dog even hated it, and had her tail between her legs most of the time.
They serve a free breakfast, but we couldn't get out of there fast enough. I still fell dirty from the experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gunner C

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate all feedback from our guests and are very sorry to hear that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. I can assure you that all of your concerns are being taken seriously and that the appropriate actions will be taken in order to prevent this from happening in the future. We are currently remodeling our hotel and removing all carpeting from the rooms and replacing it with wooden flooring. We hope that you will give us another chance to better serve you again in the near future.

Again, our sincerest apologies,

Reviewed December 25, 2013

My gf and I stayed here this past week and let me tell u I had one of the best sleeps ive had in a long time! I cant begin to explain how comfortable it was. The front desk clerkmgave me a special and boy did I feel special. I believe her name was liz, she offered breakfast which I didnt get because im a lunch type of guy but it sure did smell good when I turned in my key! All in all I had a greatbstay and will definitely be referring other family members if they pass through!

• Stayed: December 2013
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We very much so appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future. We appreciate all recommendations and can assure you that your family members will enjoy just as well as you have.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stayed here over the weekend on our way to visit family. After a long drive it felt good being nicely greeted by the receptionist Lili. We were informed of the breakfast that they have and the strawberry waffles were very satisfying. Recommended for the next family coming down the 99.

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

my stay there was nice. the rooms were nice. i loved the breakfast hours. I like how this location is close to the local restaurants and stores. I think Lily Was her name? Shes a good person to communicate with. ill come again

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our location. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you again!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel two days ago attentive staff, room was clean, pillows fluffy, took minutes to check in and out . located adjacent to a starbucks.excellent dog lawn area with poop bags provided.we stayed less than 12 hours and we wish we didn't have to leave, breakfast was great and delicious thanks to the front desk clerk name alma i learned how to make the hot waffles in the magic machine for the first time i will definitely recommend my family and friends to this hotel.!

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as the waffle maker! Most guests are very fond of it. We hope to see you again in the near future! Thank you again!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I stayed a night here with my wife while we were visiting her family in Bakersfield and I have to say I was pleased with the overall experience. The room was kept very neat and the staff were great. We were helped by a young lady named Lily who was very friendly. I do recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a more-than-decent stay for a good price.

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for taking your time to review our property. At Vagabond Inn South we appreciate all feedback from our guests. We are very happy to hear the you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.