“Good value, nothing special”

Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South
Ranked #31 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Drove through Bakersfield and needed a place to stay. I obtained the coupon rate, which was pretty good. The location had nice wireless. There is a friendly guard, though the presence of anyone in that capacity makes one a bit uncomfortable. The room was sufficiently clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
vagabondinnsouth, Manager at Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your input and will be useful to further accommodate all our guests.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Booked in to stay here one night. Checked in went to room and left. Carpet appeared dirty. Flies at the window. Holes in the bedcover. Sheets appeared to have stains on it. Didn't go back to check in to complain even though we had paid for the room so we didn't wait to see if they could give us another room. Didn't like the feel of the place. This is just my opinion.

Room Tip: Didn't stay due to state of rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vonka68
vagabondinnsouth, Owner at Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your input and will be useful to further make adjustments. We are currently doing some renovations to the property and hope that you give us another opportunity in the near future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Driving up north it was the first motel there and guess what I hit the jackpot. Hot waffle breakfast with biscuits and gravy, free wifi and the room was very clean for a very low price. Front desk clerks where awsome. I was so pleased with the service that I will be making this my place to stay when I come visit my family in bakersfield.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your input I am glad we where able to accommodate you. We are appreciate your business.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed for two nights and liked it. The room was clean and had a little table and chairs, perfect to work on the laptop during the day. They offered waffles for breakfast. The staff were nice. It is next to a busy road but the noise level was ok. Walmart is just across the street.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Jackie Mooers

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Staff were friendly at check in/ out. Didn't have the breakfast. Room was OK but carpet was incredibly dirty- like it was covered in oil. Bed was comfy. However the truck drivers do seem to set off early in the morning so the trucks wake you up at 2, 3, 4, 5 am. Also everyone kept deciding that my room was the place to stand outside if you wanted to have a cigarette & chat on the phone or to a friend, very irritating (and yes I had the curtains closed)!

Tried to use the hotel laundry but its constantly being used (all machines were either in use or had clothes in them waiting to be taken out) by truckers who stare at you & smoke in the laundry room. Gave up after 3rd attempt. The grounds staff seem to jet wash the walk ways etc at very early hours also- this again woke me up! There's a lot of fast food restaurants close by and including an In N' Out and a huge Wal Mart. In all there were good and bad bits, like the title says its not the best hotel ever but I've stayed in worse, however I probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank AmandaClaireBrown
vagabondinnsouth, Manager at Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Thank you for your input and we apologize for the inconvinience we are going to look into the matters mentioned and will make some changes. We hope that you do give us another chance in the near future.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Clean, reasonable rates. Staff very nice. Waffles for breakfast. Clean. Were really surprised due to the rate in the Road side coupon book. All the amenities like soap, shampoo, hairdryer, fridge and micro, pool. Easy off and on to I-5

Room Tip: Rooms were very quite. Motel was full
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are really glad we where able to meet your needs. We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This place is a throw back to the 1970's...And not in a good way either. Beds were horribly uncomfortable, sheets ripped and a pillow that my DOG would not find comfortable. TV is straight out of 1985, got to love those old RCA's. Bathroom flooded (although the water was hot) and really, for $68 bucks a night could ya get some real towels ? The truck parking blows. If your not good at backing around poorly parked cars you MAY want to find somewhere else. Plus, I just LOVED the rather chilly reception by the unarmed security guard who leads you to the night clerk through bulletproof glass...Charming...I think the next time I run out of hours, I'll hit the Holiday Inn Express up the road a piece.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

We apology opologize for not meeting your needs. Thanks to your reviews we are making all efforts and changes to better meet your needs. I hope that you do give us an opportunity in the near future and see the changes made.