“fine..but nothing special”

Chicago, IL
“fine..but nothing special”
Reviewed April 11, 2006

3 stars

We were coming down I-5 and had the BW book, so we began to call as we were getting tired. The rate ($72 2 queen beds with hi speed internet) was fine and about average for the area. NOTE…THIS IS NOT IN BAKERSFIELD

Like the other review said, it was easy to find off the freeway, very empty with lots of parking. I did like that I was able to get a 1st floor room with parking right outside the room door.

Room was very clean and smelled fresh TV was great (many channels).

The front desk staff is not very caring, however and as owners they should be

Continental breakfast was too basic as if they were required to toss you a roll.

• Stayed April 2006
2 Thank alkaye

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 12, 2005

Well I just relocated from So Cal to Oregon, I drove up the 5N with my cat. I stayed at 7 different hotels. All ranging from 2-4 stars/approx $70-$200 per room. This Bakersfield hotel was the worst room on my trip. My room cost $96.26 total...including $10 cat fee. It was easy to find off the freeway, very empty with lots of parking. I did like that I was able to get a 1st floor room with parking right outside the room door. The shower water pressure was the very best of all the hotels on my stay. Check-in/out was pretty quick. The room itself was dark and kinda ugly. The tv got only 3 channels...CNN, the Weather Channel, and one HBO. That is it! Although the hotel was empty and quiet overall, housekeeping was very loud and would yell from the ground up to the 2nd floor housekeepers...my cat HATED that! The hotel does appear to be family owned, and I got a bad vibe from one of the older men. Not friendly, no smile, just kind of stood there watching me as I went to check out...luckily I was checking out. As a single young woman traveling alone, I did not feel good about the way this man stared at me in such an unwelcoming way. Also the only food around is an IHOP and a Jack in the box. I would definately NOT stay here again.

• Stayed October 2005