“Overcharges, has no customer service. Dirty.” 1 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn
BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn
Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Bakersfield
Bangkok, Thailand
“Overcharges, has no customer service. Dirty.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

I was driving on highway 5 headed up to SF and needed to salty the night somewhere. I booked a room through Best Western. Checked in and went to sleep. The room was a bit unsanitary. I guess you can't expect much from a BW and this location. They will always provide for the demand of travelers on I-5. So no need to make the place nice.
My positive note is that the wan who was at the front desk at breakfast was very pleasant and friendly. She really cares about her guests. That's a plus.
Now my reason to write a review. I got my bill and realized the hotel over charged me. I directly contacted them about his and requested it be fixed. The gm sent me a cut and paste message apologizing for my bad experience. Seems they get a lot of complaints. He never fixed the bill. I sent many emails and made calls to no avail. I'm now in contact with corporate to get my money back. It's not a lot, but if the hotel randomly overcharges guests I can imagine its a good racket for them. All in all this hotel may overcharge your credit card, and you will go through hell trying to get it back. I hate to make a chargeback because the mistake is clear as day. The hotel should fix it, but they just ignore me. Sleep in your car. Don't stay at this Best Western.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank BangkokRyan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Aliso Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

The room was spacious, with clean carpet, nice new furniture, and was impeccably maintained. Four bags of coffee with creamers and sugar. Big screen TV. Attention to detail including how the shower curtain was folded to look like the ones over those medieval royal beds. Quiet ice machine. Walking distance to iHop, Subway, and convenience store. Staff were wonderful, especially SUSIE, who went above and beyond. She was so friendly and helpful and sweet. Next time we do a road trip we will plan it around Susie's Best Western Heritage Inn on Trask Street in Bakersfield. :)

Room Tip: Second floor near the stairs.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Doug P
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I left an expensive orthopedic pillow in our room and didn't realize it until we were in Los Angeles. My wife called the hotel and spoke to the desk clerk, Susie, who informed her that the housekeeper Maria had already found the pillow and turned it into the office. She agreed to hold the pillow until our return stay several days later. This saved us a lot of money as it would have been very expensive to replace. I was very grateful to both Susie and Maria for their excellent service.

This hotel is a very good resting place for us on our way to/from LA. The rooms have always been clean and the service professional and friendly. It's not a five star, but if you are looking for a convenient stop just off the highway, this one is hard to beat. There is an IHOP, Jack in the Box and Subway next door, or if you prefer something else a whole bunch of restaurants just 3 miles north in Buttonwillow.

1 Thank M D
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

The location is terrible. It is in the middle of farming fields which creates terrible smells of manure in the spring and a plethora of flies in the summer which is what we experienced. It's not just outside either. Since the doors are generally open when they are cleaning the rooms there are flies that make their home and spawn in the rooms too. There were over 30 active flies in our first room so we asked to change rooms and they nicely placed us in another that probably had 8-10 which was more reasonable, but still not ideal. The staff was very friendly and as accommodating as they could be, but they can't change the location. The accommodations were typical for a middle of nowhere motel, but next time I will go to the Best Western 30 minutes down the road in Lebec, CA where there are a bunch of food options at least.

Surprise, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This is an older, not very well maintained BW with a tiny breakfast area. We stayed one night in July. The FLIES were terrible in the room. Noise of interstate and truckstop next door were muffled by air conditioner. When we asked about the flies at desk they blamed the feed lot a couple of miles away. Bed was clean and ok. It is about 10 miles to a restaurant. Will stay in town next time.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Cotati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Stopped here for a night on a vacation trip. It was a perfectly nice place to stay! Only issue was that the wifi was not as fast as I would have liked. Other than that, no problems. Definitely would stay there again.

• 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

1 Thank Donald L
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

After a three day course in LA we wanted to stay out of the city & in the Central Valley. Apparently everyone else had the same idea because there were no rooms available at the first location we stopped. Then we googled hotels and found The Best Western. We were so glad we did. The night manager Stephanie was polite & helpful, the price was right & there was AAA discount. Our room was comfortable, quite (despite being adjacent to I5 & clean. A good night's rest before a big driving day. Thank you Best Wester Heritage Inn.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank outsols
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bakersfield
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hill House
#21 of 61 in Bakersfield
3.5 of 5 stars 84 reviews
Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central
Hampton Inn & Suites Bakersfield North-Airport

Been to BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!