“Stay away from this place!”

Best Western Heritage Inn
Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Medford, Oregon, United States
Reviewed February 16, 2013

They kept no record of my stay. I can not get my rewards for it. They posted a hold of over $300 on my card that has been there for days now, after they charged the $100 for the room. The staff was rude, including the manager who kept bossing around the girl at the desk. They tried to charge me a pet fee for a service animal, but came out to my car to tell me she took it off, but they were still putting me in a pet on the bottom floor instead of a suite like I wanted, which I think is still considered discrimination because service animals are supposed to be granted access everywhere, even restaurants. The room was decent sized but poor remodel quality, a common theme in the four different cities I stayed in. They also didn't offer shampoo and lotion, etc. because they have dispensers on the walls.

Room Tip: There are two other Best Western's to choose from in this city. I suggest going to them. Thi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have to say - I showed up at 10am and they were able to get me in for early checkin, offering be breakfast while I waited for housekeeping to finish (a mere 10 min).
Room was very nice, bed comfy, granite countertops in bathroom. Our room was not facing I5, so can't complain about noise (that would be room 201) and no complaints about hearing anything thru the walls. And I can't believe people are complaining about the smell - for goodness sake - the dairy lots are so close. As if Best Western could do anything about that! Goes with the territory.
Only complaint - low water pressure in shower.

Room Tip: Room 201 - no problem with noise levels from I5.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The size of our room was large. It had been painted a loud yellow that didn't match anything. The noise from the heater/air conditioner next door was so loud I thought a truck was parked just outside. Our toilet had no pressure, after lifting the top we found someone had bumped it and messed with the alignment, we fixed that. In the morning the hair dryer overheated and died, I went with wet hair downstairs to get another one from the office. The breakfast was decent enough, nothing special for a Best Western.
But what really ticked us off, and now I see that others have complained about this long before us, was the horrible internet. If you complain, their answer is that it works fine downstairs in the office, or too many people are online . They obviously won't invest some money and fix it. All this for an $80 Sr. rate. The check-in person was friendly, the morning clerk unhelpful, practically rude.There is a fast food and a gas station across from the hotel, lots of trucks passing by and noisy I 5. It was cold, I guess that is why we were spared the stockyard stink. Try to pass on this one unless you are too tired to drive further.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shock43
Oakland, CA
Reviewed January 1, 2013

In most respects this is a perfectly fine, fairly standard, Best Western. But the noise insulation of the building is very poor, and the noise from both the freeway and from other guests coming in and out was very very loud all night. It made for a not-very-restful night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Grass Valley, Oregon, USA
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This hotel was clean and had wonderful service by the staff. But it is located in an area where the nearby beef feedlots spew a horrible, unbearable smell everywhere. I'll never stay in this area again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

California
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The rooms have been remodeled, but the infrastructure (poor insulation to lessen exterior noise in the walls) and its very close proximity to the Interstate 5 roadway will keep light sleepers awake. Add to the immediate surroundings of truck going by ans other guests with large diesel pick-ups in the parking stalls made the noise factor even more unbearable. It was a convenient overnight stop on our journey to Southern California from Northern California. But we will not be using that motel again.

Spartan 58