“A great night's sleep!”

Best Western Heritage Inn
Ranked #10 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We were tired of driving and needed a good night's sleep so we decided to take our chances at this Best Western. We asked for a quiet room and got one near the office on the 2nd floor. The room was huge, clean, comfortable and quiet. Didn't hear any freeway noise. Slept great! The breakfast in the morning was convenient and good. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sunshine411

Reviewed August 24, 2011

The room was very big and there was a balcony on the inside garden and pool. The room didn't smell so good but it was a smoking room, so it's ok. The two queen beds were big and comfortable. There was a fitness center in the garden. The staff was friendly. The free breakfast is served in the nearby restourant was good and already worths the money of the room!!! The restourant was very nice and we didn't wait so long considering it was absolutely full of people. The waitress also excuses for the waiting. The parking was a bit dark, but it was close to the rooms. The hotel is close to the freeways but it is not a noisy place. If you arrive very late and you are angry there is a Denny's 24h open in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank matsoc
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Driving up to the Heritage Inn on the side of the freeway, I was expecting a loud, rough sleep. Thankfully this was not the case. After checking in, I settled into my room and was very pleased with what looked like a redecorated room. Yes, the noise is loud but I flipped on the fan, jumped into the pillowtop bed with 4 yummy pillows and watched some TV. The room came with a refrig and microwave which helps when you have travel food. For the price and the comfort of the Inn, I recommend it as a good value especially for a long travel day. Pick up food before you get here though there is only an IHOP and a couple of gas stations for food options.

Room Tip: Used my AAA card and got about 20% of the room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The good news - its close to the freeway; the bad news, its close to the freeway. Ever have that defining moment when you think, "Should I drive through or call it a night"? I decided to call it quits for the night and pulled into this hotel. The rate was $85.00 plus tax. I noticed that almost every guest I saw was a male in his 20s, usually 3 of them or more. I asked the indian woman at the front desk for a "quiet room" thinking maybe it was a party hotel close to cal state bakersfield. She gave me a room near the front office on the first floor Room 103. Well, after being here overnight I think the presence of the young guys is this hotel must be listed on hotwire at a cheap rate. And the "quiet" for this hotel is whatever room has the least about of rumbling from the never ending parade of trucks on the 5. When I took my shower this morning, side facing the freeway, the shaking of the walls made the soap fall off its perch in the enclosure. The plus is that the rooms are spacious, clean, nicely decorated. There is a fridge and microwave in the room and the tvs are decent. Also, free wi-fi with a user name and password (have to ask, they don't automatically offer it) and they offer the typical carb loaded breakfast in the AM.

Room Tip: First floor as close to the lobby as possible to minimize (won't eliminate) the shaking of the r...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 22, 2011

I can either judge it as a roadside accommodation in a middle of nowhere (which it is) or as a property belonging to a worldwide chain and charging over $100 per night (which it is, too). I booked a four star hotel in downtown San Francisco for $98 as a part of the same trip. I shall subtract one star for terrible soundproofing (this place is located exactly 100 ft away from a major freeway and one can hear every single vehicle). I'll take off one more for the A/C about as loud as a 747 taking off. The third one goes away for the bathroom which was not exactly spotless. I guess this is exactly what it is then: an honest two-star accommodation. Don't expect more, but it won't kill you either.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank SanDiegan78
Reviewed April 9, 2011

My first impression was how clean the room was, spacious too. I know some people have mentioned the noise of the interstate, but with the fan on low speed, we couldn't hear it at all. All the rooms appeared to face away from the I-5 and we liked that it was so close to the highway to continue our journey north the next day.
Breakfast was fine too, toast, muffins, the usual fare.

We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2011

My company has been putting me up in this hotel for the past year. I stay here for about a month at a time. Everyone is so nice. The maids are very quiet as they know a lot of people staying there work nights on the rigs. Overall, great hotel, and even for being by the freeway this hotel is NOT noisy, I don't know what everyone is talking about

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business