1,288 results
All reviewswarm cookiesan older hotelblack angusconventioncostcostarbucksvegashwy
Reviewed February 20, 2015

We arrived at 3:30 and our suite was not ready, we were asked to come back around 4:00. We did & the suite was still not ready but they gave us one that was. We found the entrance nearest our room and were treated to broken glass on the path at the door, our sense of smell was assaulted by a distinct stale odour inside the hotel. It didn't get better when we arrived in the room. The bathroom had pealing wallpaper and blue tape on the ceiling. The carpet was gross, but at least the AC seemed to work. The hallways needed a good cleaning as do the stairwells.

We were moved into our third floor suite on day 2 and it was worse. There were three huge burns on the dirty carpet near the desk, it was a non smoking room so I wonder what caused the burns. The AC didn't work, the housekeeping was less then stellar but at least the room was quiet.

To make up for the check in hassle we were given coupons for the breakfast buffet. Thankfully we didn't have to pay because whatever they charge is too much, pretty much the same thing 3 mornings in a row. I finally had the cook make me a omelet the third morning which was ok.

We are unlikely to return to Bakersfield but if we do this is not a property I would stay at again. Oh, the glass got cleaned up when I made the front desk aware of it.

• Stayed: February 2015, traveled on business
Bill M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2015

I'm sorry to hear that we were unable to check you into the room you reserved when you arrived and that neither of the rooms you stayed in met your expectations. I have addressed the housekeeping issues you mentioned with our Director of Housekeeping. We truly value your business and would welcome the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed February 18, 2015

For the price you will get a good nights sleep, and good choice of restaurants. The internet is complimentary and worked well. I thought the staff was the best part of the hotel as they were friendly and smiled. I ate at a nearby Black Angus and could have walked to it and other places to eat.

• Stayed: February 2015, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Michael T
Bill M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2015

I'm happy to hear that you had a good stay at our hotel. I hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed February 17, 2015

We have stayed at the Doubletree Bakersfield for over 15 years when traveling to Las Vegas from the Bay Area. Just about a month ago we had a bad experience but decided to give it one last try. This stay was even worse than the last one! The "suite" we were given ... Room 273 ... Looks out to a huge utility box of some kind (AC?). Just awful! I should have known something was up when the person checking us in said ... Let us know if there is anything in the room that needs attention. (isnt it up to the hotel to make sure the room is in top shape for a guest!?). So we got to our room and then left for dinner. When we returned the whole room was vibrating! I'm not kidding! I called the desk and after two tries ... Letting the phone ring abiut 20 times each attempt ... Someone finally answered. She said ... Oh that's the air vent... I'll get maintenance to turn it off. HUH!? So we get a vibrating floor/room or AIR? The whole place is in desperate need of a remodel. The furniture, carpet, drapes are old, worn, and faded. The grounds are overgrown and brown. The room just does not feel fresh and clean. The artificial plant in the corner of the room is full of dust. It should be removed! The ceilings are stained and look terrible. The ONLY reason we gave the Doubletree another try is because the bed linens are pretty good. But .... Until this tired old place is remodeled we will try something newer. Huge disappointment!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled on business

I would like to apologize for the noise issue you experienced with the temporary boilers that were located near your guestroom. An emergency repair was needed on our boilers, and temporary boilers had to be set up to provide hot water to the hotel. We are looking forward to the temporary boilers being removed by the end of the month. We did remove a block of guestrooms from our inventory, but it sounds as if we might have done well to extend the block a little farther. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Reviewed February 17, 2015

My husband & I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past 5 years. Up until this visit, we found the hotel to be a good place to stay. However, when we arrived there for our stay on October 31, 2014, we discovered that there had been a significant deterioration in the facility as a whole. The room had what appeared to be dog hair all over the carpet, which collected on the socks rather than shoes that we wear whenever inside of our hotel room. The HVAC system did not work properly, making a loud noise throughout the night. The dining options/experience was not good. We were disappointed that the hotel had been allowed to deteriorate and is in need of a significant remodel and updating of the entire facility. For our trips through Bakersfield in the future, we will book a different hotel.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled with family
Bill M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2015

Thank you for writing a review. We are currently working with a design team in regards to our upcoming renovation. I hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us again once our renovation is complete.

Reviewed February 17, 2015

Rooms are big. Decor is dated. Carpets and the boxy soviet era TVs need to go. Location is good. I was there for one night for concert. its a 10 min drive to rabobank arena....service was professional. There is nothing to rave about this hotel nor major negitive. Its average overall.

• Stayed: February 2015, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank kkapadia

I'm glad you received professional service during your stay, enjoyed the extra space our guestrooms provide, and found our location to be convenient. I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you're in the area. We would welcome the opportunity to serve you again.