New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #14 of 61 Hotels in Bakersfield
San Francisco, California
“Amazing facility”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The room had 2 queen beds, a mini refrigerator, two vanity sinks, a great shower head, a 42 inch flat screen tv, a balcony overlooking the pool area. The facility was emasculate except room service forgot to thoroughly check for cleanliness. I found a small chip on the floor. Not a big deal.
A magnificent breakfast buffet including an omelet, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, pancakes, seasonal fruit, juice and coffee which helped start off the morning.
My server Carl was attentive and friendly.
Thank you for the lovely stay!!!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Where to start? I had to change rooms twice to get to noe that was even marginally clean. The first room's bathroom was covered in someone else's pubic hairs and had a toilet that had had a "deposit" made. The carpets are stained, the ceilings are waterstained with tiles that are falling out, and the dresser drawers are so filthy I wouldn't think of using them.
I moved to another room, and was placed on a ground floor with a patio with a sliding door obscured by six foot hedges so that someone breaking in could do so unseen--just peachy for a single woman traveler. When I asked for a security bar for the door, I was told that the "u hook" closure was "secure enough". This room also had the stained carpet, falling ceiling tiles, and dirty wallpaper in addition to a desk with cigarette burn scars lining it. Upside: I didn't find any signs of bedbugs.
The carpet in the lobby is frayed, which is a nice accent to the pervasive smell of stale urine.

Room Tip: Ask for a hotel away from the highway, but better yet ask for a room at a different hotel.
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank mcubed201
Bill M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Bakersfield, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm very sorry you were unhappy with the condition and cleanliness of the guestrooms you were assigned. We appreciate your feedback. Rest assured, I will be addressing the issues you mentioned with the appropriate staff. We clearly did not live up to our usual high standards. I hope you’ll stay with us again in the future. We would welcome the opportunity to show you the level of service we are known for.
Pittsburg, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Very nice Hotel and attentive staff. I have stayed at this hotel several time before as it is convenient while traveling from Northern CA to Southern CA and back. And as a Hilton Honors member I have always been treated great here.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel every time we pass through Bakersfield, not anymore. Seems every time we stay it gets a little more worst than last time. Will look in the area for other accommodations. The room conditions is outdated, the smell in the room get worst each trip and the price for what is received is not equal to the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with our hotel. I'm very sorry that the condition of your guestroom did not meet your expectations, since the comfort and safety of our guests is our highest priority. It may be worth noting that the initial planning is underway for our upcoming renovation. I sincerely hope you’ll give us another try the next time your travels bring you to the area.
Santa Ana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I was only here on business. I can't beleive they give you fresh warm cookies at 1 am (when I checked in). The room was big and the bed was comfy.

1 Thank Arianna F
Long Beach, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Overall great staff, love the location as it relates to my Bakersfield monthly business trips. Lobby and restaurant look great with all of the recent upgrades. The rooms need a little TLC. I’m a loyal Hilton customer & thank you for caring enough in providing this format for customer feedback / Steve

1 Thank Steve G
Highland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed here for work and I loved the room. It was nice and big and the air conditioner work great! the room was about 70 degrees and outside it was 100...lol. The room was spacious and the hotel was very nice and clean. I would stay here again....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business