“Place to stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Bakersfield
Ranked #20 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Recent trip to Bakersfield for a family celebration landed us at the Hilton Doubletree hotel. The celebration was held there and with the heat it was excellent not having to go out into the heat. Warm cookies, very coney beds and rooms were good size for 3 of us. Unfortunately, one of us left there watch behind, we called and housekeeping couldn't find it. Good place to stay, don't forget your stuff there.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Bakersfield

Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is a hotel that is showing its age. They also do not offer free coffee in the lobby, as before. The staff are not very friendly, especially the manager at the front desk. The grounds do show efforts with flowers, a gazebo and an outdoor pool but no indoor jacuzzi pool for guests. There are many better options in Bakersfield, but perhaps this property paid more to pop up on Google Maps. The bathtub is too shallow for a warm tub.

Room Tip: Avoid the freeway side, as it is noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bill M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay at our property and the friendliness of our staff. We strive to offer the best service and accommodations in Bakersfield, and it sounds as if we missed the mark during your visit. I sincerely hope that you will stay with us again, so we can show you the high level of service that we typically provide.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Due to family issues I needed some time alone to find a solution without interruption. The room was very comfortable. The staff was extremely helpful. My only disappointment was they had closed their dining room. I did enjoy the food at the cafe.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We had the Presidential suite. 1100 sq ft. the room was perfect for a family party but it had no amenities to help make it a suite. I thought the lobby staff was wonderful in that the smiled but there was nothing prepared for me in this 1000 square feet suite. There was a patio table with no chairs. I had family so I asked for two table and so then they brought another..again with no chairs. I asked if the minded bring a couple of champagne flutes they brought me water goblets. I asked for no feather pillows in another $200 room and of course my 83 year old allergic dad broke out in hives. I had to bribe the cleaning person to get to my room next so I could get in by 3pm. There was one cleaning person on staff and she was a doll but it was 1100 square feet. I had a 3 hotel rooms and my family was going to meet on this double balcony and I was warned to keep my party down. We are 50 and it was a family graduation. I would never do this again. I just wish that such a significant event as my college graduation after being a house wife and raising 5 children would have been handled as special. It wasn't that people were impolite...they just weren't engaged yet thee or four could They then charged me for a pull out bed when it was only needed because they had no waiting list for me to get an extra room if it came up. They brought no pillows for it. Anyways I feel if I am getting three rooms- one the largest they could have made something nice...gave me a breakfast ticket or a free pullout bed. they should have had it ready since i made the reservation six months earlier. They should have helped me by getting me a picture of the room when I asked. Ill keep you posted if the offer me anything after reading this :)

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Bill M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

I would like to apologize for the service you received during your recent stay. It is clear that we did no provide the level of service that we strive for. I'm sorry that this had a negative impact on your special celebration. As a gesture of goodwill, I have authorized a partial credit for your stay. We value your business, and I hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I recently stayed for 14 days from May 31st thru June 14th. I was in Bakersfield for business. I really enjoyed my stay but do have 2 issues. First issue was on June 1st I went to the 2nd floor workout room and the only elliptical machine was not functioning . I notified the front desk of this issue and the hotel staff was so concerned that on June 13th my last day ( and 13 days after I originally notified them) it was still not working. 2nd issue, the hotel is SUPPOSED to be a non-smoking hotel. With that being said, if you let guests smoke on the balconies and patios with the sliding doors open the rooms get smoke in them and the smoke travels to other rooms also. Now I don't want to be one of "those" people but I could smell smoke all the time. I have not been to a hotel that claimed to be non smoking and allowed guests to smoke on the balconies, they might as we'll let guests smoke in the rooms. This unfortunately will be a detracting factor and I will not recommend this hotel to my friends or coworkers and will not be staying here again. But if you are a smoke this is a positive!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Bill M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay. I'm sorry we were unable to repair the elliptical machine during your stay. The main board went out on the machine, and we are working with our vendor on a repair or replacement. As you mentioned, our hotel is a non-smoking hotel, however guests are allowed to smoke in areas outside the hotel, since there is no city ordinance prohibiting it. We ask our guests to keep the patio/balcony door closed when they smoke outside, and we do try to keep an eye on this, since we know how the smell of smoke can negatively effect guest experiences.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

The rooms were comfortable, clean and roomy. Staff was friendly. We will would definitely stay again. Nice family setting if your traveling with children, large pool. Quiet at night so you don't have to worry if you have an early morning.