“great for weekend sports tournaments”

DoubleTree by Hilton Bakersfield
Ranked #20 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Newbury Park, United States
“great for weekend sports tournaments”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This hotel was perfect for our weekend tournament, mostly because they were so accommodating and understanding about letting us leave a day early because our team lost and didn't go on to play in the finals the next day.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Long Beach, United States
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Traveling for business. The hotel is a little dated, but it had everything I needed - free wifi in the room, desk, free parking, comfortable bed, clean bathroom, coffee in the room, etc. I will be traveling to Bakersfield several times over the next few months for work and will stay at the Double Tree again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Reno, Nevada
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We attended a conference at this hotel and had an overall pleasant stay. The staff is friendly and the room was clean except an inch of dirt/dust on the carpet perimeter where the vacuum has a hard time reaching.

Livermore, United States
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We have stayed in a few different locations in Bakersfield, and this is the cleanest we have encountered in the area. Others had no hot water, or other major deficiencies. Easy freeway access, with a few nice restaurants in the area. Buck Owens Crystal Palace is just a long walk or short drive across the freeway to the north.

West Berlin, New Jersey
Reviewed January 30, 2014

It's the little things that set a good hotel apart from a dump.

To be fair my bed was good, the room was quiet and had all the accessories you expect from an upscale hotel. But the little things were done poorly, if at all.

Starting with my check in experience, three people behind the counter and a little bit of a wait, just as I got to the front one of them up and left, leaving me to wait longer. The thermostat in my room has the cover torn off so there is no way to adjust the temperature. There was no coffe provided in the room (plenty of cream and sugar and cups though).

The tile in the bathroom has mold in the cracks and there is a ring of dirt in every corner where it is difficult to vaccuum. The shower is one of those ones with a hose and a hand held shower head that cannot be positioned so that it sprays on anything but the wall, you have to hold it with one hand and try to wash yourself with the other. Although my bathroom is spacious, the counter by the sink is tiny, not enough room even for my simple toilet kit. The towels should have been given to the Salvation army years ago, assuing they would accept them that is.

When I got up this morning (6:00 AM, not exactly early for a business traveler) there was no cashier and no one handling early morning coffee requests (I finally did get someone to go in the back and get me cup but it still rankles)

As I write this I am sitting at an old and scarred desk. My chair has the cover worn off in spots and the stuffing starting to come out.

If your expectations are fairly low, you will love the price. So maybe for the locals this is a "nice" place but for me it is a second rate hotel, somewhat dirty, in need of being refurbished and having the staff retrained. But it is a disgrace to the Hilton name

Room Tip: I don't think there are any.
1 Thank peter m
Bill M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Bakersfield, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We try to always exceed the expectations of our guests, and I am very sorry to hear that we were unable to do that for you. If you have a moment, please contact me at 661-323-7111, Ext. 4101. I would like to find out the number of the room you stayed in, so we can address the issues you mentioned. Thank you again.
Paso Robles, Ca., United States
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The Double Tree in Bakersfield is always a nice place to stay. Very friendly staff and always their to meet your needs. The internet is has a decent signal and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. Great waiter (Carl who has a sense of humor) in the restaurant who gives you great service The cookies are always "warm".

quartzsite, United States
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We reserved a suite. The price was so reasonable I was a bit worried that it would be small, dated, and falling apart. It was not. The suite was big and beautiful. Rom service was excellent and the staff was friendly and professional!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple