Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center
$127
Hotels.com
$98
Travelocity
All reviewsthe executive loungefull serviceample free parkingrabobank arenarailroad tracksamtrak stationking roomexcellent hotelrooms are cleanfitness roomroom keyoutdoor poolsan franciscofront desk staffone night staybed was very comfortableparking lot
Reviewed July 8, 2009

We have spend one night on the way from Las Vegas to Sequoia Park, just to have a rest. However it was a very nice stay. Room was very clean and spacious. Free Internet in the lobby. Very good Mexican Restaurant situated about 5 min. walk from the hotel. Free parking.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2009

I was so excited to hear that my hometown of Bakersfield has a Marriott. It opened for business 10/31/08. I was in town for a graduation with my senior parents and kids, and this ended up being the perfect hotel for us.

Check-in was easy and we were given exactly what we wanted (adjoining rooms). We had a nice view of downtown from the sixth floor. The king room had a sofa sleeper, which made for a comfy seating area, and the flat screen TV swivled, which was convenient. The bed was very comfy with all white duvey, and sheets. The bathroom was pretty standard but had nice bath products from "Bath and Body Works". Parking is easy and free.

We swam in the pool and jacuzzi, which was fine. The workout room looked great, and was empty whenever I passed.

The location could be a plus or minus. It is perfect if you are attending and event at Rabobank arena, the McMurtrey Aquatic Center, or want to be near the train station. It is in downtown Bakersfield, but downtown is a pretty dead area of town, aside from the court buidings and city hall. That said, there are some good, hometown restaurants nearby, and the location makes it pretty central (we went to lunch in the southwest part of town and the graduation ceremony in the northeast).

I would easily return to this hotel, as it was very comfortable, and quite full-service, particularly for Bakersfield.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank solomentehawaii
Reviewed April 18, 2009

I stayed here with a friend last April when it was the Holiday Inn Select. We were here for a sorority function and made late reservations, so we could only stay at the Best Western for Saturday night. So we booked a room here for Friday night. I was expecting the Holiday Inn of my business travel days in the early 80's. The building was big and looked fairly modern. It was a nice stay and I remember that the service was friendly and welcoming, but the hotel was being remodeled and was pretty torn apart. The public areas were full of promise, but a bit dingy and dusty from construction. So this year when we had another sorority function, my 'sisters' up there proudly suggested that we stay in 'their' brand new Marriott at the Convention Center. I made the reservations for Friday and Saturday and ~ I'll be darned ~ It was the old HI Select! What a kick to see what the complete renovation did to this place. Wow! What a difference! It is gorgeous. The sparkling glass topped entrance, to the exquisitly appointed decor ~ It made quite a first impression. The carpets are luxurious and the surface materials and furnishings were inspiring ~ literally! We are planning a remodel on our home and I got lots of ideas here! After we were checked in by a very friendly gal, and had given our luggage to the bellman, I wandered around and just had fun looking at everything. Afterwards, My husband and I (who came with me this time) met for a drink at the very stylish and huge bar area. Last year it was dark and dank and closed!! My husband travels a lot for business and usually stays in Hyatts, and Hiltons. Even he was impressed with this one.

Our room was even more comfortable than before and everthing just gleamed. The warm serene color scheme and the pillow combination was perfect for relaxation. Last time the movie selection didn't work, but this time we enjoyed an early morning movie in bed on the big flat screen T.V. before we got up and got going. We had dinner there on Friday and I had several choices of healthy and beautifully prepared entres. We even tried their room service and was promised our brownie with two scoops of ice cream in a half hour. It came in 15 minutes! Saturday night was our party at the Buck Owens' Crystal Palace. What a fun night for a group. We had a bout 60 in our group and the house band really kicked! I understand that there are great shows at the Convention Center, too, which is connected with the Marriott. We're now on the mailing list and will return to Bakersfield for some concerts and a great stay afterward ~ just steps away!

Last April the pool was closed and the temperature was 85 degrees. This April it was clean, inviting and had plenty of relaxing lounge accomodations. I'm a swimminer and loved the 'lap swimming' Saturday morning. I had to choose between the pool and the exercise room, as we ran out of time, but the exercise room is awesome! Next time...

It will surely be fun to come back and explore all of the amenities the next time we go up to Bakersfield. It's a long drive for us, so to have a great place to spread out when we get there is key. (I hear we just missed Moody Blues at the Convention Center...) We will definately be staying in this lovely hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2009

Earlier this month I drove up from L.A. to visit an old college friend I hadn't seen in awhile who had recently relocated to Bakersfield. As he was in the process of moving into a new apartment, I decided to stay at a this hotel which was very close to his new residence. I have stayed at Marriot's before and have been consistently satisfied with the quality of the stay for a very reasonable price. This hotel was no different. I spent most of my time with my friend so I am not able to fully rate the hotel's services, however the front desk staff were extremely pleasant and even made a tee time for me at a local golf course that they recommended.

Overall I am extremely satisfied with my stay at this Marriot and would recommend it for anyone needing a quality and affordable hotel in Bakersfield.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank hendershot024
Reviewed April 15, 2009

What a great hotel! I always assume that a stay in a Marriott property will be pleasant, but this hotel far exceeded my expectations. It has been recently renovated and it feels new. They made beautiful choices of materials and decor. The beds are really quite comfortable and the restaurant and lounge are inviting. The staff I met were all very gracious and helpful. When I need to go to Bakersfield again, I will definitely be looking forward to another stay at the Marriott.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business