“Great Place”

Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Arroyo Grande, California
“Great Place”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Very nice hotel with a curtious staff good restuarant and bar. Easy place to do business with plenty of room in the lobby to meet. Comfortable and clean room with clean comfortable bed and nice working area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Marriott_BFL, General Manager at Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Bakersfield Marriott at the COnvention center, It is our goal to not only meet but exceed the expectations of our guests at all times. We look forward to assisting you on your next trip to Bakesrfield.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Hungarian first
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We used to enjoy visiting about once a month, but will absolutely never go back. Service has slipped horribly. In the lounge, last month our group waited 30 minutes before we were even acknowledged -- and service didn't get much better. Today was almost as bad. And when I complained, I was asked if I wanted to speak to the manager. I don't want to speak to a manager. I just want good service, especially when I am paying high prices.

Room Tip: Choose between street noise and railroad noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to comment on the issues you recently experienced.
I apologize once again for the trouble this may have caused you and we thank you for taking the time to assist us in personalizing not only your experience but every guest to come.
Should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly
at carlos.navarro@bakersfieldmarriott.com. Again thank you for the opportunity to be of service.
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed October 6, 2011

The Bakersfield Marriot was a nice litte surprise. Wasn’t expecting much but when I showed up I was glad to see a nice modern hotel. The room was very comfortable and the bed, desk, tv, and all the little things were nice and clean. The restaurant, bar, and lobby downstairs were perfect for business travelers. It had free wifi and was a good start to my work trip in California. No minifridge or microwave in the room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 15, 2011

While the hotel itself has been cosmetically upgraded and looks modern and clean, the biggest problems at this Marriott are the systems that weren't updated and remain out of sight. My room had the LOUDEST air conditioner that I've ever heard. It rattled and banged like a jack-hammer ALL NIGHT. I called the desk at about 1 am because I couldn't sleep and they offered me the choice of two other rooms, however after previewing them it became apparent that the air conditioning noise problem was systemic. In addition, one of my windows was broken and wouldn't open, while the other one only opened a few inches so getting fresh air into the room wasn't really an option.

After a long, terrible night of either being too hot or listening to the prehistoric air conditioning unit bang, vibrate, and clatter, I decided to switch hotels completely for the duration of my stay. The desk staff was very understanding and didn't charge me for the night, however something needs to be done about this problem. After reading other reviews on here and on other websites, I am now aware that others also found the air conditioning at this hotel to be disruptive. It is. Believe us. Additionally, this hotel is, like others have said, in a mediocre end of downtown (that I wouldn't walk around in at night), not close to any restaurants or stores, and is located practically on top of the train line so there are train horns going off all night long. Unless they replace the air conditioners, I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
San Jose, California
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Arrived around 9pm. Asked if there was any coffee or snacks available. Was told that there wasnt any and was directed to the bar. Bartender said that he could make me an expresso for charge and that the bar did have coffee in the morning also for a charge. Very small market behind lobby and since it was late there wasnt anything to eat except candy.
The breakfast buffet was $12 and consist of warm food. Had better food offered at other hotel for free.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank stjoe95020
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Stayed here overnight over the Labor Day weekend for a college football game. We arrived to find a huge wedding going on and their restaurant closed for the entire day for the wedding...that was a little upsetting given my family and I were hungry and were forced to find dining off the property since we didn't want to order room service or sit at the bar in the middle of the afternoon. The rooms are huge w/ lots of space to walk about and definitely roomy enough for 4 people. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom normal size (small), one couch w/ ottoman and big writing desk. I must express how friendly the staff was and more importantly trustworthy since my husband left behind his brand new iPad2 in the room and we were able to recover it 2 days after check out. Props to Carlos Gomez and his housekeeping staff!!! Just for that I would return to this property! OH and the breakfast buffet was only $12 USD...make your own omelette, waffles, simply enough to choose from...remember it's not brunch. And I must say, I didn't hear the train once at night for all those of you who had the unfortunate experience.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Chose this place for a family event and to get away from the Hwy 99 bustle. Good choice! Room is spacious & clean and the staff friendly & helpful. I thought we were in trouble when we arrived and found that Ringling Bros. Circus was next door at the convention center - should we expect clowns in the lobby? But all was quiet & peaceful. Woke up to find elephants being washed & fed in the parking lot. Cool!

• Stayed August 2011