“More for families than for business travelers”

Residence Inn Bakersfield
Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have to say that the staff here have been wonderful. They're friendly, responsive, and flexible. And they do all that under really busy conditions. It's what makes them so busy that makes this hotel not a favorite for me. This is my 3rd visit here, and every time, they've been packed with families with lots of kids. I love kids, but if you want to take advantage of the breakfast or evening light dinner, you'll be competing with kids who see it as a free for all with all they can eat. The staff can barely keep the food trays filled. But I still have to give it to the staff--they do a great job, and they keep it clean too.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Marcia D
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Hi Marcia- I'm not sure what to say about your low rating. Thank you for your kind words about the staff and hotel, and I'm sorry to hear the other hotel guests that were families displeased you. Our hotel has a diverse group of guests including business travelers, leisure travelers, families, people relocating, on projects, training, etc. Everyone is welcome and we enjoy meeting and taking care of all. Thank you for staying with us, we truly appreciate your business.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Bakersfield

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I actually live in town and had to stay here for a few days due to a flood at my home. I was very pleasantly surprised at the wonderful accommodations. My suite was very clean. It had a good size kitchen with a full size fridge and dishwasher for those who don't want to go out to eat. There are several nice restaurants within walking distance, however and an organic grocery store across the street. The place is pet friendly with a nice dog walking area in back. The pool and grounds, including a tennis court and barbecue area are clean and well taken care of. It is a very busy area of town, being near the heart of the finance district, so congested somewhat, but also has movie theaters and a large chain bookstore all within walking distance. The breakfast offered here is better than most as there are protein options available. They also have wine and snacks every evening in the lobby. The staff was very understanding of my need to check in early and were friendly and attentive throughout my stay. I did find the bed to be somewhat uncomfortable, but that may be only personal preference.

Room Tip: I had a corner room facing the parking lot rather than the inside courtyard but it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank CaliforniaJwren
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thanks very much for sharing your thoughts. I'm sorry to hear about the circumstances at your house that lead you to us, but I'm glad you visited with us. I hope everything at home is dry, fixed and back to normal.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

This hotel was great. Clean, super clean. The rooms come with a kitchenette - stove, full size fridge, dish washer. The pool was great too. Clean and not too warm, not too cold.
The staff was very helpful and the free breakfast was awesome.
There are enough restaurants and shopping malls around to keep everyone satisfied. You name it, it is local.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank JWfromNJ
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. All the team members appreciate your kind comments. Please keep us in mind when you are in the area again. We'd love to be your host.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We booked a two bedroom unit and was extremely pleased with the cleanliness and quality of the rooms, plenty of space and a well equipped kitchen. The external area between the building was very well maintained and the breakfast was good with plenty of choice. The price was amazing excellent value for money.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ukmktraveller
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

I appreciate your remarks about your recent visit. It makes me happy knowing everything worked out well for you and the accommodations met your needs. Please come back and visit again soon.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for two weeks but moved out after one. This place could be great but...it's not. The location is good and the room size is good, we rented a two bedroom, but the cleaners either don't care or can't read English. I left two notes pointing out that between the bed and nightstand there was animal hair and toenail clippings which disgusted me. Later, the note was gone but hair and nails were still there. This is a pet friendly hotel so also expect the smell of carpet cleaner (which I prefer to animal stink, but still..). Stay here but bring your own cleaning supplies? Breakfast selection was adequate.

• Stayed: April 2014
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit. Please accept my apologies for the problem you experienced. Be assured I will follow up with the Housekeeping Supervisor and Housekeeper that prepared your room. Your valuable help will improve our service for future guests.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

At first I was tentative about booking a room at this location due to some of the other reviews stating that it was old and dated. Upon arrival I was greeted by a very friendly front desk clerk. After some friendly chatter, I proceeded to my room. She never told me, but she had upgraded me to a 2 bedroom suite which was immaculate. Even though I was traveling alone, the extra space was welcome and I felt at home right away. The rest of the facility was well maintained and just as clean. I was very pleased and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Will N
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thanks Will for writing about your recent visit to the Residence Inn. It makes me happy to know you were pleasantly surprised with your experience. I'm proud of our staff here because they sincerely enjoy meeting new people and taking care of their guests. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed here for a weekend and brought our Bassett Hound, they charge a $100 no refundable pet sanitation fee.
The suite was clean, with a fully stocked kitchen and a REAL 12 cup coffee maker! If coffee is important to you, I would recommend bringing your own coffee filters and coffee because all they have are those premeasured packets which just aren't strong enough in my opinion.
The bed was firm and comfortable, with crisp "bleachy smelling" linens. The bath towels were crisp and smelled of bleach as well..
They only give you a tiny bar of soap and a single use Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner, no lotion or shower cap.
They serve a modest buffet style breakfast of scrambled eggs, biscuits &gravy, bagels,toast waffles etc...
There is a lot of trees and a large grassy area for your dog.
There is no smoking in the suites ,so smokers stand outside and puff away, so our windows had to stay closed the entire time.
The surrounding area is quiet with restaurants a short walk or drive away.
I will definitely stay here again when I have the displeasure of returning to Bakersfield.

Room Tip: Bring your own coffee and coffee filters, creamer . Soap, shampoo lotion
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Kristee C
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Hi Kristee! Thanks for sharing your impressions. It's given me an idea about the coffee offering. I appreciate it. Come back soon.