“Comfortable Stay”

Residence Inn Bakersfield
Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed here for a weekend and brought our Bassett Hound, they charge a $100 no refundable pet sanitation fee.
The suite was clean, with a fully stocked kitchen and a REAL 12 cup coffee maker! If coffee is important to you, I would recommend bringing your own coffee filters and coffee because all they have are those premeasured packets which just aren't strong enough in my opinion.
The bed was firm and comfortable, with crisp "bleachy smelling" linens. The bath towels were crisp and smelled of bleach as well..
They only give you a tiny bar of soap and a single use Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner, no lotion or shower cap.
They serve a modest buffet style breakfast of scrambled eggs, biscuits &gravy, bagels,toast waffles etc...
There is a lot of trees and a large grassy area for your dog.
There is no smoking in the suites ,so smokers stand outside and puff away, so our windows had to stay closed the entire time.
The surrounding area is quiet with restaurants a short walk or drive away.
I will definitely stay here again when I have the displeasure of returning to Bakersfield.

Room Tip: Bring your own coffee and coffee filters, creamer . Soap, shampoo lotion
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Kristee C
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Hi Kristee! Thanks for sharing your impressions. It's given me an idea about the coffee offering. I appreciate it. Come back soon.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I was on my way to Las Vegas with my wife and we passed through Bakersfield and we decided to stay at the residence inn.. we always stay at a Marriott whenever we travel. the rooms where of course very clean and fully stocked.But i have to say that when i walked in through the door a young lady greeted me and my wife with a warm hearted smile.I travel all the time but i have not seen such and honest smile ever. When she checked us in she was very polite and she asked if we had any preferences on our room, i told her what i wanted and she got it for me. We needed to go get some stuff at the store as well as grab something on the go she gave us personal recommendations as well as a map from the hotel to all our destinations. i have never seen anyone so determined to make my stay so easy. and i will always remember her because she wore a flower in her right ear and also very sociable she told me breakfast is going to be good because she is not going to be cooking that made me laugh and put me at ease hopping our stay wont be as bad as the rest. Because we have had awful experiences int he past but not at THE RESIDENCE INN IN BAKERSFIEL. I believe her name was Lanet. so please if she is checking you in I can assure you that you will not be disappointed

Room Tip: rooms in the gatehouse are very cozy!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DowdA

Wow! Thanks for such a nice review. I will be sure to let Lannette know how she made you feel. Although it is important that the product is to your expectations, it is the people and service that make the most memorable impression. To be honest, it's also the most fun to do. We appreciate you making our day, too! See you next time.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I quickly booked this hotel online and then read a few reviews. Initially I was worried, but really, our family could not be happier with this hotel. The hotel had two bedrooms and two comfy beds with lounge area and kitchen. The fold out , admittedly was not so comfy, but it was only for one night. Breakfast was basic, but filling and there was something for everyone in our family. We liked it!

Room Tip: Maybe not the end closest to the rail line , but in saying that , it's not too bad.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Maxine C
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thanks for writing Maxine! I'm glad to hear the hotel was comfortable for you and your family. You're visiting from Melbourne? That's great! Enjoy your entire trip to the United States! We're glad you're here.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Nice bed and bedding, pleasant decor, kitchenette with everything but an oven, big flat screen TV, good breakfast in the morning, even nice soft towels. Quiet even on the ground floor, good location right off the freeway but no freeway noise. Pleasant staff. Very clean.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Denelle K
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thanks for your thoughts Denelle! We appreciate you helping us stay on top of doing a good job and thank you for your business. Come back soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

As our mid-way stop for our trip to a family wedding, this hotel was absolutely great. Even though it is geared as a longer stay hotel our one night visit was very enjoyable and the staff were lovely, caring hosts. The room was terrific and the early morning free breakfast was complete and well-prepared.
One future trips to visit our family, this will be our preferred stop unless we are taking our pet (unfortunately not allowed).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Hi Joseph! It makes me happy to hear your experience was exceptional. The staff and I look forward to your next visit when you are in the area. Some good news for you, is we are pet friendly, so inquire about those accommodations for next time, too.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is the second time that I have had the pleasure to stay at this Residence Inn. The hotel is convient to a variety of restaurants, many are walking distance. I went for a walk Friday evening at about 8pm (alone) and never felt threatened by the area. The manager special (event in the lobby) was enjoyable; however the hamburgers were alittle under cooked for my liking (medium when I prefer more towards the well done side). I did not participate in the breakfast offerings. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Chris K
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I really had no idea that the Residence Inn was this great. It's not fancy by any means, however they give you everything you need. I was here visiting family, so there were 8 of us split up into 3 rooms. We stayed in the double suites, the rooms were clean and very comfortable. Of course the room had a few dings here and there, but that's normal. We took advantage of all the amenities. The FREE breakfast was wonderful, it was not just a cereal and milk deal, there were sausage patties, eggs, fruit, etc. The BBQ grill and pool area was awesome. If I had to come back to the area, I would not hesitate to stay here. Friendly and helpful staff. Oh, you may hear the train noise, but it's really not THAT bad.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family