“Still a great place”

Residence Inn Bakersfield
Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Nice bed and bedding, pleasant decor, kitchenette with everything but an oven, big flat screen TV, good breakfast in the morning, even nice soft towels. Quiet even on the ground floor, good location right off the freeway but no freeway noise. Pleasant staff. Very clean.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Denelle K
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thanks for your thoughts Denelle! We appreciate you helping us stay on top of doing a good job and thank you for your business. Come back soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

As our mid-way stop for our trip to a family wedding, this hotel was absolutely great. Even though it is geared as a longer stay hotel our one night visit was very enjoyable and the staff were lovely, caring hosts. The room was terrific and the early morning free breakfast was complete and well-prepared.
One future trips to visit our family, this will be our preferred stop unless we are taking our pet (unfortunately not allowed).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Hi Joseph! It makes me happy to hear your experience was exceptional. The staff and I look forward to your next visit when you are in the area. Some good news for you, is we are pet friendly, so inquire about those accommodations for next time, too.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is the second time that I have had the pleasure to stay at this Residence Inn. The hotel is convient to a variety of restaurants, many are walking distance. I went for a walk Friday evening at about 8pm (alone) and never felt threatened by the area. The manager special (event in the lobby) was enjoyable; however the hamburgers were alittle under cooked for my liking (medium when I prefer more towards the well done side). I did not participate in the breakfast offerings. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Chris K
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I really had no idea that the Residence Inn was this great. It's not fancy by any means, however they give you everything you need. I was here visiting family, so there were 8 of us split up into 3 rooms. We stayed in the double suites, the rooms were clean and very comfortable. Of course the room had a few dings here and there, but that's normal. We took advantage of all the amenities. The FREE breakfast was wonderful, it was not just a cereal and milk deal, there were sausage patties, eggs, fruit, etc. The BBQ grill and pool area was awesome. If I had to come back to the area, I would not hesitate to stay here. Friendly and helpful staff. Oh, you may hear the train noise, but it's really not THAT bad.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CakesALot
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went to Bakersfield for my sisters' wedding. Whenever I go to Bakersfield, I usually stay at my sisters but since it was her wedding, all the guests stayed at hotels. I hadn't stayed at a Marriott Hotel before. The rooms were spacious with kitchen facilities. The pool was nice for the grandsons and we played a little in the basketball court. I was sorry that the jacuzzi wasn't working but really didn't have time to use it anyway since there were so many festivities going on for the wedding.The free breakfast was good and it had a lot of food choices. The grandsons chowed down.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Judith W
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The rooms were great. we had our 5 week old baby with us - we were in town for a family wedding - and I would not feel comfortable walking around in the area. The hotel itself was fine and the extra space and kitchen were perfect for our needs with the baby.
I would stay here again for something like a wedding, but it's not really a 'vacation' destination type of place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank trvladdictsd
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The Marriott family seems to be running a special on broken hot tubs; we have had very poor luck of late in locating a facility with availability and a functioning jacuzzi.

The breakfasts were good, and not the same things every day. Very, very comfortable room with a good ice maker in the freezer. The overall layout of the property encourages walking with convenient parking. They gave us a AAA discount!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple