“Great Chinese Food... Love theyre Kung Pao Chicken!”
Review of Bill Lee's

Bill Lee's
Ranked #47 of 850 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Recently tried for the first time even though I've know about it forever and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Its a great place for families, too so we were glad to be able to get a decent portion of food for everyone. Tried their kung pao chicken (my fave), an order of their "cantonese style" pork chow mein. For appetizers, we had fried shrimp. Just about everything was great. Also ordered some broccoli beef. Dinner came with steam rice and hot tea, which was nice since most places these days CHARGE you for each teapot or the number of people who drink it. Interior was a bit dim for me but overall a great experience. WOuld recommend.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Went there today to try Bill Lee's one more time since it's always being voted on as one of the best in the area. Previously the food was bland. Wo Won Ton Soup - was bland! We ordered Ginger Beef, the sauce was prudgent (the portion size was also very small) & the waitress never asked how it was. I took the Ginger Beef to go & gave it to the cashier for the chef to try it. The hostess was nice & said the receipt said "Mongolian Beef". They got our waitress who argued with me about us ordering "Mongolian Beef".
Don't waste your time or money - it's not worth it. It took us over an hour to get the taste out of our mouths after eating cookies & milk.

1  Thank KoriP
Reviewed September 20, 2012

the food was greasy, the decor old and felt unclean. The place was packed at lunchtime with business men mostly. I don't know how they stay in business....the food was gross. We will not return

1  Thank kathye51
Reviewed August 14, 2012

They really push the pork here. The lunch special is a great price, but it's full of pork items & dark chicken. The items tend to be on the bland side - needs more seasoning.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is my least favorite Chinese food restaurant in town. Soggy noodles, bland food. Great service, but that is all there is to write home about. We come here when family visits because it is what they've always liked, but we would never come here on our own. I prefer to give my business to local restaurants, but in this case, I would chose PF Changs any day of the week.

1  Thank teachergirl01