“Home away from Home”

Econo Lodge Bakersfield Fairgrounds
Econo Lodge Bakersfield Fairgrounds
Ranked #37 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel 5 times in the last 5 weeks, and i had the best experiences each and every time.. The owner Ronie and his family are very accomodating and really take the time to greet and get to know you and are personable with the tenants, and make you feel right at home and like family.. The grounds are kept clean, rooms and linens are fresh and clean, refridgerators and microwaves in the rooms which is very convenient. The cleanest pool and jacuzzi I have ever seen for a hotel. The location is great, close to the 99 and shopping markets and eateries. The hotel is tucked away off Wible Road, and I feel very safe staying here.

I have stayed in many hotels in Bakersfield and now that I have found California Best Inn, I will not stay in any other hotel..

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank motomom661
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Bakersfield Fairgrounds

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Never, ever stay here!!!! Manager yelled at us several times so we left.. he was a total JERK to us because the kids were swimming and woke him from his sleep. Terrible terrible management, hard beds, and nasty showers. Do not under any circumstances stay here!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011
5  Thank hayitzkb7
5566va, Manager at Econo Lodge Bakersfield Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2011

The people that wrote this review were trespassing in the early morning hours, after the pool was already shut down. They were not guests here, they came on after closing time, and were using the hotel pool, without authorization.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

Stayed here for one night after reading good reviews. It's old hotel with room doors facing outside so going from car to room is easy. You can hear the cars and people from outside. There were some people outside hanging out. I didn't feel safe at first( I get scared easy) but nothing happend. Slept great until someone started up their loud truck. Nice people running the motel. For $50 it was fine but not great. Go west of the interstate, it's nicer part of Bakersfield.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank marathonman262
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I had to get a room at the last minute and decided to stay here. I booked a queen room and upon arrival I was informed that they only had smoking rooms. I was ok with that since it was my fault I had made the same day booking and the price was low. However, they were nice enough to upgrade me to a king non-smoking at no extra charge even though I didn't complain.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Cityneon
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I was sent to Bakersfield for work in June and July. I stayed at the California Best Inn because it was recommended by a Co-worker. After the first week I went to look at rooms at six different local hotels to see if there were any better deals around. What I found was dirty rooms, unfriendly staff, and questionable guests lurking around the property.
At the time of this review, I have been a guest of the Inn for going on two months. It is fairly priced, clean, and close to everything you would need whether you are traveling through or staying for business. The owners are great people and will go out of their way to make sure your stay is a good one.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I had a excellent stay, extremely reliable employees nice pool

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2011

They are fraud, liers, inhuman with not courtesy. Here is the thing. I called up Expedia and made the reservation, we were looking for pet friendly hotel. Initially expeida said the hotel charges 15$ for the pet. We asked them that other places i stayed would generally waived the fee. The expedia professional put me on hold and talked to the hotel mgr and said they waived $5 and would be happy with $10 extra for pet.

We reached their in the middle of the night and made sure that rooms would be available by calling them in advance and letting them know of our time of arrival. When we reached their the mgr was furious and initially said they would accept accept any pets and wouldnt let us checkin, as "No pet policy" was clearly mentioned in their website. I gave them details about Expedia call and the waiver etc. On this they said there are other rooms that allowed pets but they dont have any thing available. I also pleaded them about showing human consideration as it was late in the night about 12:30 am and that i would make sure to leave the pet in the crate and would not open the crate. They are run by Patels, we also talked to them about being from the same community, they could show some courtesy, but they refused to allow us check in and we had to find other hotel.

We called Expedia for a refund and they too mentioned the hotel mgr was lying to them giving just as they lied to me, giving conflicting statement that they dont accept pets and later saying they do. Expeidia them selves are filling fraud complaint against them and they are helping me out in filling the complaint. I am going to go till the end.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank surajp
jamalie, Manager at Econo Lodge Bakersfield Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

Every effort is made to make sure each and every guest stay is comfortable. We pulled up this reservation, which was from Expedia and their was no note indicating a dog was going to be in the room. While we have rooms that are pet friendly, not all of our rooms are pet friendly. Allowing a guest to bring a pet to a room that is not pet friendly could cause allergic reactions to the next guests that stay in the room. We did not have any rooms that were pet friendly when this guest arrived at the hotel.