“Great hotel with an even better price!”

Ramada Limited Bakersfield North
Ranked #24 of 62 Hotels in Bakersfield
Los Angeles, California
“Great hotel with an even better price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

Came into Bakersfield for a Business trip and I wasn't sure about which hotel to select. One of my co-workers suggested Ramada on Real road since they had such a good experience with their stay last time. I had a great experience here, the room was comfortable, the staff was excellent, and the price was great. Definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Call in advance!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
RamadaBakersfield, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Limited Bakersfield North, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for your kind words, TravelBird84! I am happy we could provide you with the level of service Ramada is known for and exceed your expectations while visiting us. While our location is great for guests to explore all that downtown Bakersfield has to offer, we also want to make sure that they feel as welcome and comfortable while in the hotel as they do while out exploring the city especially when they are here for business. We understand that sometimes staying in a hotel in an unknown place can be unnerving but our hotel staff tries to make our guests feel very comfortable with their stays.

Thank you for pointing out so many great amenities that we offer guests here. Also, give your co-worker a BIG thank you from us to them since they recommended us. We appreciate them acknowledging the confidence in our hotel that we have as well.

We hope to see you again soon!
-Ramada Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2011

Booked this hotel through Priceline.com for $32 a night (name your own price). Stayed 2 nights in April for my son's soccer tournament. If your expecting the hilton or marriott, then pay for the hilton or marriott. This hotel was fine and a value at the price I paid.

We were on the 4th floor. The room had high ceiling which made it feel spacious. The room was clean. Bed was fine and my son didn't complain about the couch bed he slept on. No issues with the bathroom or shower. Lots of channels on the tv but the tv was old. AC and heat worked fine. The fridge was adequate and we didn't use the microwave.

The breakfast was what I expected. Make your own Belgian waffles, bagles, toast, cereal, juice, coffee. Again, for $32 a night including the free breakfast, this was a value.

Check in and out was fast. Front desk staff was friendly. They had some good restaurant recommendations. By the way - this hotel is right off the freeway and there are plenty of dining options within walking distance or a short drive.

I would definitely stay here again. There's plenty of hotel options in Bakersfield. You can spend more and get a nicer hotel for sure. But if your traveling on a budget and don't need the fancy amenities, this is a good choice.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
NYGIANTSFAN56INSD,

We see you're a big Giants fan, so are we! Soccer tournaments are very big here in Bakersfield, CA since we hold so many of them since we are centralized in California to accommodate everyone meeting in a central location.

I appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff, as they work extremely hard to ensure our guests can have the most comfortable stay with us.

As you mentioned we are very close to so many restaurants that are within walking distance which makes our location, our price and our value so ideal.

We hope that your son's soccer game went well and that we see you soon,
-Ramada Management
Tullamore, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

Can't really argue with previous commenters. The place is indeed a bit of a rat-hole. When I arrived, a shady-looking individual was trying the doors of all the cars in the car park, something that didn't seem to occasion any surprise to the desk clerk. (The property does, I was informed, share a single security guard with the neighbouring restaurant: one way or another, he or she wasn't in evidence the night I stayed there.) The furniture and bedding were stained--of the three pillows provided, only one was not mottled with secretions of various indefinable origins--and the towels in the bathroom were non-uniform shades of grey. Altogether I was glad to get out of this establishment. It's very conveniently located, just yards from the interstate, but that pretty much exhausts the list of its attractions. Lone females in particular might want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Businesstraveller5

Travelers are raving about these Bakersfield hotels

62025
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

no hot water and wi fi were on and off. The room is clean and nice. I can't comment on the price since I got it from Priceline for $ 40. Refrig. did not work either.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
los angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2011

This hotel is a criminal organization. I booked for 10 days on business. My grandmother died and I had to check out early and go to a funeral. The hotel refused, on several occasions, to refund me for the nights that I did not stay.

The rooms are also old and dirty.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank hosswire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2010

My husband and I booked jacuzzi suite here. This place is a joke, why put a jacuzzi tub in a living room if it is only a single person tub?Maybe 2 garden gnomes could enjoy a soak together.....Whole room was extremely worn. Wallpaper peeling, furniture and baseboards scuffed, everything could stand a good cleaning. If it wasn't already so late we arrived we probably would have gone elsewhere. Housekeeping is clearly not a priority change and other junk behind the dresser and fast food napkins left in microwave. Best part was finding dead roaches in the morning on the wet bar.

• Stayed November 2010
2 Thank brettbutlerisok
Frankfurt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2009

First, I checked out the Ramada Ltd. at Wible Road, cause it was $20 cheaper. Turned around the moment I stepped into the 'lobby'. It was just disgusting, so I decided to give Ramada Limited Suites a chance and I was not disappointed. It looked way better than the other one and the check in staff was very friendly. I got a great room for $56 which was very spacious and clean. The bed was ok, TV, fridge and telephone worked just fine. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo