“business stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 62 Hotels in Bakersfield
SACRAMENTO
“business stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

arrived at the motel for a standard stay - work related - and found the motel to be satisfactory. no major problems, staff was friendly. coming off of the job site, being exhausted, able to clean up and sleep undisturbed is very important.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank j. p
travelodge010, Manager at Travelodge Bakersfield, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond with your comments. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is a Travelodge- in Bakersfield. It's not the Ritz. The manger who checked us in, Chris was knowledgeable and polite. The room was clean and the grounds and pool were clean and well maintained. We have stayed here several times and won't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
travelodge010, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Bakersfield, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to reply with your comments. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay.

We do our best to make sure all our guests have a great experiance. We look forward to seeing you again
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Worst customer service I have ever had (Sinjin Singh)
Please stay somewhere else if you want to avoid being treated rude and have front desk staff insist you have to take something other than what you reserved with hotels.com. Mr Singh insisted our reservation was booked incorrect by hotels.com. I called hotels.com and conformed what they emailed me is the very same thing in their reservation. They called Mr Singh at Travelodge and he insisted they sent him the incorrect reservation but refused to fax hotels.com a copy of the reservation.
My take on the whole situation is that Mr Singh gave our King size bed non-smoking room to someone else and expected us to take the Queen room at the same price. Mind you this reservation was pre-paid on line through hotels.com.
Mr Singh rudely told us he has nothing to do with returning or refunding our money and we would also have to pay for one night regardless. He told us to deal with hotels.com in order to deal with any money. Mr Singh was very rude during our 30 minuite ordeal, raising his voice, interrupting me as I spoke and then ignoring us while we were trying to deal with hotels.com on the phone. He said I can't wait for them to call me. I have other things to do than to deal with you.
I wil say hotels.com made sure we were not charged one night stay and refunded all of our prepaid money. I cautioned hotels.com to reconsider future business dealing with this Travelodge in Bakersfield on Oak street.
I took severe umbridge in our treatment by Mr Singh.
Please go somewhere else.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
travelodge010, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Bakersfield, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to complete the guest survey. I apologize that your experiance was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is not only meet the needs of each guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations and make you as comfortable as possible.

Unfortunatly there was an error in the computer system and the reservation came into our system as a differant room type than what you reserved. We are sorry for this error. It was out of the control of Travelodge Bakersfield.

It is our hope that you will give us another oppurtunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.

Travelers are raving about these Bakersfield hotels

Bratislava, Slovakia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

If you want to sleep right on highway, use this hotel... Very old, not so clean and breakfast??? so sad... I used it only for one night, but it is a bad experience of a lifetime.

Room Tip: In my opinion... there aren´t good rooms...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Janka88
Thank you for taking the time out of you schedule to complete the guest survey. I apologize the your experiance was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of our guests, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property. In addition, please know that your comments and ussues will be addressed.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for any inconveience during your stay.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Looks good, nice room. Key didn't work... Had to get another. New one didn't work on the entry door where our car was parked.
Electrical outlets sparse. Headboard not useable as backrest when watching TV. Can't use laundry after 4:30 pm!
No soap in laundry dispense.
Lack of mindful service.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time our of your schedule to complete the guest survey. I apologize that your expericance was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. In addition please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.

It is our hope that you will give us another oppurtunity to serve you. Again I apologize for any inconvenience during your stay.
Rancho Cordova, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

To start out with the staff was cold. I do not want to do the "wiggle wiggle wiggle" on the toilet seat. The shower handle broke and all I could get was a tepid shower, I wanted to get a drink of water and could choose between warm and hot. The free breakfast was so boring. Your choice was waffles, 2 cereals, white bread, and old green apples. That was it. I may try a Travelodge again, but not here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
We have made sure our Maintenance Dept. has taken care of all the issues mentioned. If you would have alerted the front desk we would have gladly corrected the issues.

Our breakfast includes your choice of hot waffles, 2 choices of cereal, white and wheat toast,a variety of pastry options, fruit, coffee and orange juice.

Thank you for taking the time out of your scheduel to respond to the guest survey. We appriceate your comments.
PV
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

This place is absolutely disgusting and I will never return!

Reservation: I made the reservation using the 800 number. The lady who took my reservation kept trying to upsell me on things I didn't want. I kept telling her that all I wanted was to reserve a room and nothing else. I don't need a rental car. I don't want to receive vouchers with hidden fees. Just a room.

Check in: I checked in late and had to ring the bell at the office and wait for the desk lady to lumber over and let me in. She checked the system for my reservation, but said it wasn't there. She kept insisting that I had mistakenly booked a different night. I called the 800 number (while still in the office), explained the situation, and she said she would call the front desk. I was put on hold and then the front desk phone rang. The two of them talked for several minutes, and again the front desk lady suggested that I had booked a different night, since the reservation still wasn't showing in her system. I wanted to cancel the reservation at that point. It was late and I was dog-tired and just wanted to sleep. The reservation lady from the 800 number said I couldn't because it was a late check-in and the cancellation time had already passed. Well, it was finally straightened out and I was given a key card for the room (after listening to the reservations lady try to upsell me AGAIN on fantastic deals). As I was unloading my overnight bag, a guy with 2 girls asked me if I had any Vicodin or Percocet or other pain pills because his wife had a toothache! Unbelievable. That made me anxious about having my car out in the parking lot.

The room: The room was larger than I had thought and was in decent shape, thought the bathroom looked overdue for maintenance. There were numerous patched and unpatched holes in the tile walls.

I tried the WiFi connection in the morning and it sucked; it was super slow. I checked a few e-mails and then some news sites. I ended up just using my phone because the pages loaded faster.

Continental breakfast: I walked in and walked right back out. Skeazy people and ghetto offerings in a cramped space. I had breakfast at IHOP instead.

If you don't mind nonexistent customer service and questionable people milling about the parking lot at all hours of the night looking for drugs, this is the place for you. Also, if you don't mind upselling and want to get what I am sure are great deals with hidden costs, then use the 800 number to make your reservation. If you're a normal person, want to skip all the crap and just find a nice place to sleep for the night, and be treated like a decent human being, then forget about this place. There are far better places in town.

Room Tip: By all means, avoid this place!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank M N
travelodge010, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Bakersfield, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
First I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to respond.

We are very sorry you had a problem with your reservation. We do everything in our power to make sure reservations are handled correctly. We are glad that the issue was resolved and you were able to get the room you reserved.

We moniter the puplic areas for the safety of our guests. All non-registered persons are asked to the leave the property immediatly.

Once again thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.