“Never, never, never stay at this hotel”

Motel 6 Bakersfield South
Ranked #55 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Los Angeles
“Never, never, never stay at this hotel”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

There are a bunch of very bad reviews for this hotel printed below. All of them are much too gentle. Never, never, never stay at this Motel 6. I have had good experiences with other Motel 6 locations, but this one was beyond awful. The lady named Megan (see reviews below) was extremely rude to me. I stayed at this motel on a Friday night because I was attending a funeral on Saturday morning. I checked out of the hotel before I went to the funeral. After the funeral, I went back to this Motel 6 and asked if I could use one of their vacant rooms to change clothes. She refused. Not only refused, but was hostile, sarcastic and arrogant in her refusal.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank BigAL90275

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Morgan Hill, California
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We were driving in the middle of the night and needed an inexpensive place to crash. THAT is what Motel 6 is good for. This is conveniently located directly off of the highway. The front desk girl named Megan was polite and professional and did her job just as expected. The sheets were clean believe me I looked at them thoroughly. The room was clean. Non-smoking room sort of smelled like cigarette smoke. But it was not unbearable. There were some undesirables in the parking lot but that's to be expected. It's a motel 6 people if you want a super nice super clean room PAY for it somewhere else. You get what you pay for. I don't expect much when staying at M6 and I've never been horribly disappointed!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelsWithFrenchies
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed October 7, 2010

When i got there the place had a foul odor that smelled like a childrens slide at a chuckie cheese. I made my reservation with THE MOST unprofessional receptionist. She was talking on the phone while doing it, saying things that people would say if this were the 50s. Her name was Megan, she said that she was "looking to burn some Qu'rans on a black person's foot." She then proceeded to talk about how her neighbors are N words and was paying very little attention to me. The next day i went down to the lobby to see a new woman working there. she was Hispanic. But she was also very prejudice against Jewish persons. I say, Do NOT go to this motel unless you want to hear the most disgusting employees.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank dethcentral
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 7, 2010

The hotel was dirty and had cock roaches. I stepped on a cock roach with my bare foot in the middle of the night. While I was in the lobby, I heard the front desk person named Meagan talking on the phone. She was loud and talking to the other person on the phone about dragging a nig#&r from a truck. I also heard her referring to semites as being "sand nig*&rs. I can't believe how racist Meagan is. I am never staying there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank JohnSmithUSA
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We stopped at this motel to see if they had any rooms for the night and this lady at the front desk called Megan said "we don't have any rooms that you can afford Nig**r". When we went back to our car some guys came out from one of the rooms and wanted to sell us drugs. Don't stay at this motel 6 it is racist and disgusting

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank tom32x
Australia
Reviewed November 24, 2009

This wasn't the first Motel 6 I'd stayed at over the years, so I was expecting something a little better. Sure, the price is right, and the staff were friendly enough, but the room was dirty. Around the bedside tables were fingernail clippings and cigarette ash from the previous occupants, while the carpet was quite stained and revolting. Underneath the newish-looking standard issue gaudy Motel 6 bedcovers was a blanket Methuselah might have used. The only upside was it's proximity to Hwy 5 and a good feed at a Hometown Buffet a mile down the road.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank almac54
USA Traveler
Reviewed July 27, 2008

I can't really say much beyond this is the worst hotel/motel I have ever stayed in. Cockroaches everywhere, the rooms are FILTHY, the staff is polite, yet uncaring about any problems you ask them to address, the rooms stink and I mean nasty. Next time I will put out the cash for a real hotel in Bakersfield, or I will just sleep in my SUV!

• Disliked — Nothing at all
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mistermike068