“Excellent Hotel for Business Travel”

Courtyard Bakersfield
Ranked #22 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stay at this hotel whenever I travel to Bakersfield for work purposes. There is a café in the lobby where you can pick up Starbucks or a bite to eat. The pool and the gym are also nice features and typically I am the only one in there.

The rooms are nice and the staff is friendly. The hotel is located in close proximity (walking distance) to a couple of decent restaurants. The WIFI is free which makes working out of my hotel room convenient, and it can also be used in the lobby area and in the café.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Thank you Ashleyasaurus for your review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit to Bakersfield

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Bakersfield

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed 3 nights for a convention.The room was very clean and I loved the large bath towels. But the air conditioner didn't seem to be working right and my first night I was tossing and turning due to the 100 degree heat. Plus the pillows on the bed were awful, offering no support. I was given new pillows the next day that were supposed to have better support but they were the same as the ones in the room so I had to go buy a pillow at Target. I was disappointed with how small the fridge was and also that the fridge automatically shut off after 2 HOURS?! And I didn't realize there was no room service. I had stayed at the Doubletree a few weeks prior to my stay at Courtyard and assumed they would be similar. I was wrong. The staff was awesome, however. As was my maid. Very sweet, in fact. For me, I like to stay in a very nice hotel that offers room service and has a nice size fridge that will keep my fruit and beverages cold. I won't be staying at Courtyard next time I go to Bakersfield.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thank you MsRMiller for trying out the Courtyard by Marriott in Bakersfield. I apologize if our amenities were not what you were looking for in a hotel. Doubletree is a full service hotel that does offer room service, whereas we offer the Bistro dining options, but not room service. Please let me know if we can be of any service in the future.

Regard,

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Check-in process was efficient. Love the wi-fi connection. Great little cafe area where we had dinner. Nice big room. Good solid stay, if passing through we may or may not choose this location again. Tiny pool towels. Nice to have the bellhop trolleys readily available, as well as an elevator

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Bakersfield. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the review and your comments.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

As usual I rely on Marriott for my travel and stays on the road. Clean and friendly. I must have reserved on the wrong day and arrived the next day which I had thought I had reserved; 2 rooms. Unfortunately I was charged for the no show for the night before; 2 rooms. My bad...but I have never been billed if I missed a reservation especially when the hotel wasn't sold out.

That being said the hotel was nice and I would stay again.

Room Tip: If you can view the courtyard it's nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you JMMcD for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and if you will contact me we can discuss the second room charge.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

This was my second time here in a week, the first time I had literally arrived at ten am and left at 6am, and I was just passing thru on my drive from Las Vegas to San Francisco. This is a trip I do often for business and I have started breaking it up with a night in Bakersfield. It is clean and comfortable the staff is very sweet. Just two things I need to mention, one is that you can't get a cup of coffee before 7am, being that this is right on the highway, I would think they would have coffee available by 6 am, but I was told to go across to the doubletree if I couldn't wait 30 minutes. The other thing was the pool, it's June and 100 degrees outside, I expected the pool to be a nice temperature, but the water was freezing and the towels were the size of kitchen dish towels. Next time I will try the Doubletree.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jsandh694
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you for staying while passing through on your business trips. I apologize if there was a mix up with getting coffee at any time throughout the day, as our Starbucks is available 24 hours per day. And as far as the pool, it is heated to 78 year round. I will look into the situations and ensure that these issues get resolved promptly.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

My Husband and I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Bakersfield for one night as part of our trip around the US. The service from the person on check in was very good and she was friendly and polite. We have gold status with Marriott rewards and expected breakfast to be included as part of our stay. At this particular hotel it is not the case but the check in employee explained this to us politely and handled all our other enquiries in the same way.
Our room was on the ground floor with a sliding door opening the the car park. The screen was a little broken and didn't seem to close properly. It was very hot anyway so we had the aircon and the door closed. The room was very nice and spacious with a comfortable king bed and nice TV. The bar fridge was welcome as we have found many hotels in the US don't seem to have them as standard. I have milk in my coffee and would have liked some complementary UHT portions to go with the sugar etc. However I was able to buy a small milk from the bistro.
The bathroom was clean and adequate in size and design. I was disappointed in the complimentary toiletries that were offered. We travel light and rely on the soap, shampoo and conditioner in the hotels where we stay. This particular Marriott only had a tiny bottle of shampoo and conditioner for the two of us to share and two bars of soap. There was no shower cap or shower wash or moisturizer/body lotion.
So overall a very nice place to spend the night but could supply more complimentary toiletries.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the Bakersfield Courtyard. Unlike the full service Marriott's, the Select Service Brands do not offer as many amenties in the room, but many can be gotten at the front desk, such as lotion and shower caps. Again, thank you and please think of us the next time you travel through Bakersfield.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Had a bad experience on a previous night so we went with a sure thing by staying at a Marriott. They did not disappoint. Clean property centrally located and comfortable bed. The only suggestion is that they have complimentary good coffee and some light breakfast for guests. It seems most others do provide that and Marriott commands a fair price for their room.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you TL Girl for staying with us on your way to Vegas. We are a great stop for travelers such as yourself. I know it can be a bit confusing, but Courtyard and Full Service properties are the only brands that do not have complimentary breakfast, rather offer a great Bistro and coffee in your room.