“great place to stay”

Ranked #41 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Sydney
“great place to stay”
Reviewed January 17, 2008

after staying at another BW hotel we decided to stay at this BW and we were glad we did. the service was great, location was great, the free HOT breakfast in the 50's style diner was fantastic. a couple of minor problems would be the lack of elevator - didnt bother us too much and i guess people with disabilities would just stay on the ground floor, and there was a problem with the shower head so only the bath tub worked but it was ok for us as we just took baths instead!

• Liked — hot breakfast
  • Disliked — problems with shower
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Hebrew first
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed October 21, 2007

I was in Bakersfield for a horse show. I had never been there before so I booked a room at this hotel. It was recommended by the the sponsoring horse club. I knew it seemed fairly cheap, but, it is Bakersfield, after all. I mainly used the room just to shower and sleep for two nights. I was really disappointed. It was clean, but it was the room was very old fashioned and just old. The bedding was something out of the 70's. It wasn't very comfortable. The shower head was shorter than me and I'm 5'4". The climate control was a very old floor unit - no central air conditioning. I made it too hot in the first 30 minutes I was there. After that, I just left it off. The remote control for the television was missing. There was no internet available in the room. I'd be happy to pay more than the $90 a night to get an updated room and amenities. If I go to the same horse show in 2008, I'll definately stay somewhere else. Overall, staying at this hotel was like being in a time warp.

Stayed October 2007
2 Thank Bandit9352
Oregon
Reviewed June 17, 2007

We needed a convenient but comfortable place to spend a night on the road and booked this Best Western for the pool area. The website rate was over $80 but we called and got an Entertainment rate of $59 (also noted that the couple who walked in before us were quoted the rate of $105, so do your homework!). The place was conveniently located but there's not much else around it exept an IHOP. The outside looked like it needed renovation (especially around back) but the lobby was quite nice and spacious with an internet computer available for guest use.

The pool area was very nice and despite the shady looking young dudes with beer hanging around, turned out to be a nice place to be on a hot evening. The inside of the room was fine and the bed was comfortable, and we enjoyed sitting on the private balcony. However, the screen door was off its hinges and the balcony itself could have used a good cleaning. Other than that, we slept well and while we had a free hot breakfast at the restaurant (and as noted by others, the service was terrible), we would have preferred a continental breakfast bar.

The bottom line is that for $59/night, it was fine and we would stay there again at that rate, but there is no way we would pay more than that.

• Liked — Pool area & private balcony
  • Disliked — Needs renovation
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
Albany, OR
Reviewed June 10, 2007

Unfortunately I did not have Trip Advisor when I booked this motel and was just using my AAA tour book. I chose it because it was a Best Western and because it seemed to be easy to get to from the freeway. Both were true but that was as far as it goes. Would never stay here again. Large motel and it did not seem to be in a very nice area. Worst of all, it was not very clean! Not up to the usual Best Western standards. Thank goodness we were there just for the night. Breakfast was okay. our room was near the pool and it was very noisy.

• Liked — Easy access to freeway
  • Disliked — NOT CLEAN
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Pine Mountain Club, California
Reviewed May 29, 2007

Spent Memorial weekend in a city not known for it's tourism. Too many relatives staying in the house, so we browsed accomodations online as well as using a map program to see there general location from the gathering. Wanted something fast and easy to get to and from. I'm used to paying around $100 easy for 2 adults/ 2 kiddies, so when they prices me at $68 a night, 4 vouchers for onsite breakfast (eggs/sausage/toast/drink), and olympic size pool... Sounded good. 2 Qn beds and walk out balcony. Room was clean and quiet. I thought great price w/o the breakfast so that was nice surprise. A minute from major North South and East West highways. So if you have to make an overnight stop in Bakersfield area, I'd highly recommend this spot. As always, keep your valuables out of sight in your car.

pa
Reviewed May 20, 2007

From the outside and from the lobby this place looks great. Our room and hallways had a very funky smell. The place is well worn. Lots of nice looking guests, I would guess they were fooled by the pretty lobby also. We received free breakfast at the restaurant next door. It opened at 6:00 we were the 5th and 6th persons to walk in and were not waited on til 6:20. Didn't receive our cold "hot breakfast" until 6:40. They had 2 waitresses on, and undoubtedly the restaurant knows they will be swamped for breakfast, the entire morning, but chooses not to have the staff to accomodate for this. I would definately not stay here again, far to many other options.

• Liked — lobby
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tennessee
Reviewed April 6, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for one night while we were in town to see a concert at the Crystal Palace. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. We had patio doors that opened up to the very pretty courtyard. It was a nice place to stay for a reasonable price.

• Liked — The courtyard
  • Stayed November 2005, traveled as a couple