“Bakersfield's Finest”

Best Western Plus Hill House
Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This property has always been one of my favorites in Bakersfield. The owners and management are great, really make you feel at home. Since my last visit there have been some upgrades to the lobby area which give it a modern, Mediterranean look. Looks great! Keep up the good work!

Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is a well managed, clean, and comfortable hotel located right next to the convention center. A limited continental breakfast, but included scrambled eggs and sausage. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever had (and with over 3 million airline miles, I have stayed in a few hotels.) One downside is that there is no spa, but there is a sparkling and refreshing pool. The Mexican restaurant next door was really crowded on a Friday night which attests to the great food. But mostly, the hotel was about the value--great sleeping, great, hot showers, great service, all at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2014

A little run down, small restaurant, bar closes too early. Place charged me twice for my one night stay. Manager informed me that I wasn't, but my bank statement doesn't lie. I'm hoping it was just a hold of sorts, otherwise I'll have to dispute it with my credit card company. Two reasons I stayed here: 1. Marriot was full, 2. location to Rabobank Arena...otherwise, I would not have stayed.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert A
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Excellent experience. We were happy with the stay and will use this hotel again when stopping in Bakersfield. When we arrived - very late - we didn't care for the location of the room (close proximity to ice machine) and the young lady at the desk gave us another room without any problems. With two kids we like to find a place that includes breakfast. The food choices were good.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Was very pleased with this facility and especially with check-in staff during a busy period for them. The room was most pleasant;clean,quiet and air-conditioned and had all the necessary amenities for our overnight stay.The Mexican restaurant next door was a real treat with delicious food and good service.We will return this year again for the hospitality and the outstanding food. Just a very enjoyable experience for my wife and I.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights on a work trip and it was nice. We stayed in room 241 I believe. It was decorated nicely and was very clean. For the most part it was quiet unlike the last hotel we stayed at down there. Its in walking distance of a great greek food place and a sandwich shop and a mexican food place. We would surly stay there again the next time we have to stay in Bakersfield.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was concerned by some of the old reviews that I read, but I've had stays where everyting had gone wrong. We had a very nice stay and did not experience any bad things. This is a nice hotel and we realy liked the shrimp scampi.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple