“Fun caribbean vibe in downtown Bakersfield”
Review of Mama Roomba

Mama Roomba
Ranked #32 of 850 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I like this spot. It is a small cute spot with a limited bar (mojitos made with wine) downtown. The owner and staff are very friendly. At first I was confused about how to order and ordered way too much food. Plan on sharing the side orders of beans and rice with friends. Some of my favorites were Isaac's Tortilla Soup with a side of frijoles negros y platanos fritos, the salmon salad and the mango chicken dish. This is a good casual spot to get good food downtown. Highly recommended by locals and folks in changing downtown arts district.

1  Thank beachmamaesq

Reviewed February 27, 2012

I attended a birthday dinner here. The portions were small, and some items were excessively spicy. I am not in a big rush to go back, although I have friends who love it! If it were more cost-effective, I might give it another shot, but meanwhile, there are better choices for me.

1  Thank Futuremauian
Reviewed January 26, 2012

This place is great to take friends and order lots of tapas. Great choices and a fun atmosphere, can't beat that!

2  Thank Chelsea H
Reviewed January 20, 2012

No full bar. Very crowded, which is festive, and makes for a fun place to go. Very popular, a lot of people really liked the food, I thought the food was average.

1  Thank Soumil
Reviewed January 9, 2012

i mean looks can be decieving its so small you almost miss it but my what good food they have its family style so come with many eat and try everything
Loved the all the shrimps and chicken dishes since there were 9 of us we basically tried the entire menu the only bad thing was the fried chicken wasnt that good and the sauce it came with was tooo spicy for me portions are small but delicous so eat up